testtest

Preview: Federal Premium Punch .22 Long Rifle

Talyn

SAINT
Founding Member
This .22 Long Rifle load is the first time Federal Premium has ever offered a defensive-oriented load in this particular chambering. The Federal Premium Punch .22 Long Rifle load features a 29-gr. lead-core bullet with a nickel plating, and nickle-plated cases for easier extraction and better corrosion resistance. The bullet profile is designed to optimize penetration, particularly when fired through short-barreled handguns.

Federal Premium Punch .22 Long Rifle

1614369069640.png

New for 2021, available 2026/2027??

This .22 Long Rifle load is the first time Federal Premium has ever offered a defensive-oriented load in this particular chambering. The Federal Premium Punch .22 Long Rifle load features a 29-gr. lead-core bullet with a nickel plating, and nickle-plated cases for easier extraction and better corrosion resistance. The bullet profile is designed to optimize penetration, particularly when fired through short-barreled handguns.

View attachment 15461
"...available 2026/2027?"

Wouldn't doubt it one bit, lol. It's certainly not available on their site yet, as I was just there.

Articles like this irritate me just a tad. The author states , " this ammo is made for guns like the NAA short BBL guns " but then goes on to say it was tested in a 2" BBL gun.
Yes , I know most people have snub nosed .22 revolvers so why not refer to those firearms and not the NAA revolvers.

Until I see some independent tests done with this ammo I will stick with my CCI mini mag 36gr HP for my NAA with the 1 5/8" BBL.

More new rounds they can't keep on the shelves? Sheesh. Put that powder, lead, brass, and copper into your existing product line. I think Vista owns both Federal and Speer, if they really want to sell self defense loads maybe they should put more materials toward HSTs and Gold Dots.

View attachment 15461
Not there.
Federal .22LR site link:

Back