testtest

Processing Wild Game Harvests – How to Safely Haul Big Game

Talyn

SAINT
Founding Member
After a successful hunt, your next order of business is getting that precious cargo back to camp and eventually civilization without wasting an ounce of the meat. So, what should you do and what tools will you need for the job? Here’s how to safely haul big game so you preserve every ounce of meat and get it into the freezer. (BTW -aka A lot of Work)

1710862894418.png

BTW - A much better way than described in the article...

That gets heavier than 💩💩 after about 200 yards !!
Screw that
Been there, done that
I was spoiled. The family ground I hunted on the last 20 years is circumnavigated by a logging road my truck can easily traverse. From my stand it isn't possible for me to drop a deer anywhere that I can't get my truck pretty close to.

😊Almost 40 years ago we relocated to West Virginia. One of the guys from work took me deer hunting (first time in the mountains). Ron said-always hunt uphill from the truck. I said “why”? Answer “Do you want to drag a deer UP a mountain”. Great advice from a guy who’d hunted there for years. In the Midwest we had hills, but that’s NOT the same thing😊

😊Almost 40 years ago we relocated to West Virginia. One of the guys from work took me deer hunting (first time in the mountains). Ron said-always hunt uphill from the truck. I said “why”? Answer “Do you want to drag a deer UP a mountain”. Great advice from a guy who’d hunted there for years. In the Midwest we had hills, but that’s NOT the same thing😊
Amen!

Back