testtest

Prodigy ds 5 in ejecting into red dot

Greg.S

Alpha
Good afternoon gentlemen just posting this on here hoping to get some information. Bought a prodigy DS 5 inch a few months ago and installed a burst fast fire four on it. After about 400 round the glass cracked and fell out of it. Replaced it with another burst fast and the same thing occurred. Purchased another fast fire for installed it and the same issue today. Any ideas? Is it possible to ejection to a point where the casings will not hit the red dot. I did do a slow motion video and they are indeed striking the red dot sometimes. Any input is appreciated.
Greg

Yes, You can adjust your extractor. I would take it into a gunsmith and have them do it or call Springfield Customer Service and explain to them. Obviously, it should not be ejecting back into the optic glass, Particularly something like the Fast Fire 4 which is angled back.

Just curious, did you replace the Fast Fire 4 under warranty or did you pay for them. Honestly, while you are at it I would get a better red dot the FF4 is not highly rated. A Trijicon RMR, Delta Point Pro, or Holosun EPS would probably all have fared better. You bought a fairly pricey pistol, don’t scrimp on your optic.

I run a 2.5moa Delta Point Pro on my 5in Prodigy, fwiw.

Thanks guys I bought one. It broke they gave me a replacement it broke. I bought a second one. It’s now broken. Some slow motion vid I had a case hit the red dot. Pulled it off. Problem is it’s USPSA season and don’t want the gun to be out of action for a few weeks. I may just run in limited division and get the gun fixed this fall. I’ll probably send it to Springfield have them tune it so it doesn’t break the glass

Back