testtest

Prodigy makes most unreliable list

I don't know how many of you watch the honest outlaw on YouTube, but IMO he gives some of the most honest and straightforward reviews on the net. If the gun is good he'll tell you, and if the gun is no good he'll tell you that too. He doesn't hold back and at the same time he doesn't suck up to gun manufactures and give them a good review if they don't deserve it.

He just came out with a video on what he thinks are the 10 most unreliable pistols out there. He based his assessment on actual reviews and tests that he's done himself of those firearms and also from other information that he has seen and heard from other sources.

Is latest video rates firearms from 10 to 1 with 10 being the most reliable on the unreliable firearm list, to 1 being the absolute worst on the list.

Based on his testing and his experience with the Springfield Prodigy he has listed the Prodigy as #6 on his unreliable firearms list. That's not good for us Prodigy owners.

I guess one thing to take into consideration is that unlike most of the other firearms on the list the Prodigy was a brand new offering. We've all seen it go through teething pains with its release but I think we've also seen huge improvements in quality.
Most of the quality reviews and problems we've seen were on some of the earliest released Prodigies. I think it's safe to say the worst is behind us.

Still, I hate seeing reviews like that.

2011 are glorified 1911s. If you've owned even the best offerings out there.. get ready for FTF, FRE, Short stroking, mag issues etc. There's a reason they are not suggested for carrying. They are great range guns, period. If you're going to carry a gun known for issues with defense ammo.. you're going to have a bad time.

Mine was sent back to Springfield hope the issues are fixed and runs smooth. Still waiting for it to return to find out. Mine was really bad. Early ser #1400’s. Anyone out there get theirs back yet, and how did it run?

Attachments

• DB17981A-5A27-4124-A907-B6B57560D539.jpeg
    DB17981A-5A27-4124-A907-B6B57560D539.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 51
Springfield has had my Prodigy in their possession longer than me! Sent it in over a month ago and nuthin', nada, zip, who the hell are you and why do you want your gun fixed and returned? Not impressed but makes future purchases a little bit easier!

Sorry to hear that. I had thought that SA had pretty well cleared up any problems with the Prodigy, but I guess an occasional lemon gets out.
What I don't understand is why it is taking so long. Most people who sent their Prodigy back generally reported that they had it back in a week or a little longer. The general consensus is that SA usually sends back the firearm and it is 100% reliable after that.
Good luck with yours. Let us know when you get it back and the results.

I think its because so many have been sent back under warranty to try to get them to function properly. I am guessing the repair people are simply swamped with dead Prodigy's!

I think its because so many have been sent back under warranty to try to get them to function properly. I am guessing the repair people are simply swamped with dead Prodigy's!
I think SA has it out for you. Everyone else has had theirs back in record time, running just fine. There must be a little red light that goes on every time you dump on SA on their corporate sight. You’ll be lucky to get it back.

Back