testtest

Prodigy Threaded Barrel

So....I know it has bull match barrel and I know it would a Pain but, am I the only one that looks at the Prodigy and knows it would be a fantastic host for a SiCo Osprey 9? Look at that shape, it's begging for one. I've been looking around and few custom gunsmiths think they can hand fit a threaded barrel in. However, I read Recoil Magazines review of it and they mentioned that the slide is machined to accommodate traditional Bushings if desired (I don't know if this is a mistake or if it's true. Someone who owns one please confirm or deny). If so, that would help a lot. If not, someone needs to talk Springfield or their custom shop into offering it

So....I know it has bull match barrel and I know it would a Pain but, am I the only one that looks at the Prodigy and knows it would be a fantastic host for a SiCo Osprey 9? Look at that shape, it's begging for one. I've been looking around and few custom gunsmiths think they can hand fit a threaded barrel in. However, I read Recoil Magazines review of it and they mentioned that the slide is machined to accommodate traditional Bushings if desired (I don't know if this is a mistake or if it's true. Someone who owns one please confirm or deny). If so, that would help a lot. If not, someone needs to talk Springfield or their custom shop into offering it
The Prodigy would look amazing with a suppressor hanging off the front of it. The only downside would be adding more weight to an already almost 3lb pistol.

Still would be awesome though! 😜

Its already a chunky monkey as it is. I was thinking FN Tac 45 but in 9mm and American inspired. Anyways what's another 3lbs at this point... after 20 or 26 rds of weight. It would be ridiculously soft shooting.
The Prodigy would look amazing with a suppressor hanging off the front of it. The only downside would be adding more weight to an already almost 3lb pistol.

Still would be

I notice toward the end of my range sessions the Prodigy starts to feel pretty heavy. I’m putting a red dot on it this week so it will be interesting to see how much the red dot dances after 100 rds. My X5 Legion is the same way. By the time I’m getting close to wrapping up it gets hard to keep the dot stationary.

That’s what she said!!
1768C80F-C16C-40A4-A311-C36E46CB6DAB.gif

I notice toward the end of my range sessions the Prodigy starts to feel pretty heavy. I’m putting a red dot on it this week so it will be interesting to see how much the red dot dances after 100 rds. My X5 Legion is the same way. By the time I’m getting close to wrapping up it gets hard to keep the dot stationary.
Can you check yours and maybe post a few pics? Let's see the inside of the front for the bushing cuts?

I can confirm that the bushing from a regular 9mm will fit the Prodigy. I took the bushing and barrel from my Tisas Duty BR and had no problem fitting them in the Prodigy slide. The slide has the correct cuts for the bushing and it installed as normal
5706D162-FBC8-4235-950E-F7E42DEB2BD9.jpeg
5930711B-DE03-40D6-9280-387D6B4E92C2.jpeg

DSC has a drop in compensated barrel, and it's a production gun, I wouldn't think the barrel would be fit to the slide. This is my first 1911 style pistol and it's bushingless. Is a bushing needed to get the threaded barrel? Also how is the build going? Run into any problems yet?

Back