testtest

Product Idea: 357 Sig XDS

A mirco compact 357 Sig, would be the perfect pistol to conceal outdoors. We do not all have the luxury of open carrying a large 10mm pistol all the time, some of us enjoy the outdoors in more populated areas, where having a chest holstered XDM will raise some alarms. For some backcountry hunters and hikers, every ounce they carry counts and is why they often decide to leave their sidearm at home. The XDS would be the perfect platform for a 357 Sig micro compact pistol. 40 S&W models have been discontinued, but a 357 Sig would hold the same capacity them and share parts. There are numerous accounts of people across the internet who have shot 45 Super in their XDS without issues, so why can’t we get a XDS in 357 Sig?

Considering they discontinued the .357XD close to a decade ago and .40 is a LOT more popular than .357 ever was...well, it's good to want things.

You're better off buying a .40 and trying to find a conversion barrel...or just buy a .40 Shield and getting a conversion barrel (still being made, iirc, unlike the XDS barrels).

Don't get me wrong--I'm a fan of .357S...but the fact is, that cartridge is on it's way out.

Just get a J-frame .357 Magnum...more power, apples to apples, and even lighter weight...only a few rounds less capacity.

Considering they discontinued the .357XD close to a decade ago and .40 is a LOT more popular than .357 ever was...well, it's good to want things.

You're better off buying a .40 and trying to find a conversion barrel...or just buy a .40 Shield and getting a conversion barrel (still being made, iirc, unlike the XDS barrels).

Don't get me wrong--I'm a fan of .357S...but the fact is, that cartridge is on it's way out.

Just get a J-frame .357 Magnum...more power, apples to apples, and even lighter weight...only a few rounds less capac

Well it wasn’t until a few years ago 10mm started to pick up in popularity again and companies other than Glock started chamering their striker fired pistols in 10mm.

Same thing the FN 5.7, once Ruger came out with one after year of there only being one option to buy, companies started making pistols chambered in 5.7. I think the round can be revived, but it is going to take company other than Glock to do it.

Well it wasn’t until a few years ago 10mm started to pick up in popularity again and companies other than Glock started chamering their striker fired pistols in 10mm.

Same thing the FN 5.7, once Ruger came out with one after year of there only being one option to buy, companies started making pistols chambered in 5.7. I think the round can be revived, but it is going to take company other than Glock to do it.
Even Sig isn’t releasing their newest models in .357S.

Guarantee Springfield won’t.

Just for curiosity’s sake, I went to Sig’s website…

There are no models being produced in .357…in fact, it’s not even an option.

When the namesake abandons the caliber…it’s dead.

Just get a J-frame .357 Magnum...more power, apples to apples, and even lighter weight...only a few rounds less capacity.

Hans just described my favorite outdoor companion. Goes with me woods wandering and around the homestead on a constant basis. And honestly around animals in bad breath distances I would take a revolver over a pistol any day.

357 Sig is a decent round just a casualty in the caliber wars.

20230307_123713.jpg

Back