testtest

Prolix: One Bottle Gun Cleaning Solution

BET7

Ronin
Founding Member
Interesting concept having a solvent and lubricant all in one gun cleaning product. Has anyone heard of or used this product? I'm thinking it may be something I can use on my Sig P220 Hunter 10mm that has the snake skin (Kryptek camo) design on the Slide (I don't want to damage it).

Last edited:
Interesting concept having a solvent and lubricant all in one gun cleaning product. Has anyone heard of or used this product? I'm thinking it may be something I can use on my Sig P220 Hunter 10mm that has the snake skin (Kryptek camo) design on the Slide (I don't want to damage it).

I’d like to try it. Always looking for a better way.
But i gotta say, i think the gun cleaning industry is about topped out in the “new or improved” category. The truth, I suspect, is there ain’t been anything truly new in 40+ years that works like it claims.
“It takes off everything!” (grease, carbon, residue etc) but “Won’t take off anything!” (Cerakote, bluing, adhesive add-ons etc)... read the article real carefully:).
You just apply and wipe... but later, It “helps to leave on awhile” paraphrased. Says the same thing all the other new ones do, except I didn’t notice a retired Navy SEAL endorsement...
(ah, sorry... wasn’t trying to rant. But I’ve spent a bundle on these and always find myself back to my old standbys:) )

Saw that product article also from the NRA, haven’t seen it yet around me, but looks kinda interesting, just wonder if it’s safe on polymer guns, some will say and some won’t, good link grasshopper.
Thanks Anni, I read some forums that say it safe on polymers specifically Glocks, mentioning an article written by Chuck Hawks. He writes on the use of this product, in a Gun Cleaning article, where he mentions this product pertaining to it's use on Glocks (link below). I'm just really looking for something (cleaning & Lube product) that doesn't ruin the finish on my P220. I came across this product and wondered if anyone had opinions on it.

Chuck Hawks on Gun Cleaning:

After see a recommendation several years ago on Ballistol from Hickok45, I've used it for cleaning my firearms. Just wondering if it's safe on all finishes like the one on my P220 (perhaps it is, but I really don't know the answer).
I haven’t seen any caveats regarding finishes. They even recommend it for leather and wood. I like to spray some on before I hit the clubs.

Thanks Anni, I read some forums that say it safe on polymers specifically Glocks, mentioning an article written by Chuck Hawks. He writes on the use of this product, in a Gun Cleaning article, where he mentions this product pertaining to it's use on Glocks (link below). I'm just really looking for something (cleaning & Lube product) that doesn't ruin the finish on my P220. I came across this product and wondered if anyone had opinions on it.

Chuck Hawks on Gun Cleaning:

Thanks for the link, it answered my inquiry, im going to print that out and file like I usually do for future reference, have to do stuff like that now, with my memory....ah.....what was I talking about now......🤔🤔🤔🤔

That’s what happens to 400 year old green Martians. The memory is the first to go. 😁🙄🤠😂😂😂
4100F731-DA39-4390-BD10-439910817A14.gif

🤣🤣🤣🤣

After see a recommendation several years ago on Ballistol from Hickok45, I've used it for cleaning my firearms. Just wondering if it's safe on all finishes like the one on my P220 (perhaps it is, but I really don't know the answer).
NOTE: Most....

First step, for me anyway, would be look at their website - does it say synthetic or Cerakote safe ( or whatever your finish is) ?

I remember several years ago I bought a new Ruger 10/22 in It had a silver like finish on the receiver, shot it, brought it home and sprayed Gunscrubber on receiver and inside to clean all the gunk out, when I got done, there was no more silver on the receiver, just aluminum now, the Gunscrubber took all the finish off the gun, so yea, always check to see if it’s safe for the finish you have on your gun.

I’ll have to try ballistol, or however it’s spelled.

I can’t use hopp’s #9 because it starts an instant argument with my wife the second I twist the top off.

but more importantly it makes me pit bull sneeze like crazy, and I feel bad 😂

my neighbor swears by wd-40 he claims he’s been using it for the past 50 years without problem. He even uses it on his safe queens I couldn’t even imagine owning.

Back