testtest

Q. on a TI-RANT 45M suppressor on my Hellcat Pro

Excuse my ignorance on this one, I really know nothing about suppressors. I bought my first one 3 years ago, the

TI-RANT 45M (https://advanced-armament.com/shop/silencers/pistol/ti-rant-45m/)​

and had my local armor install it on my Sig MPX, where it pretty much has stayed.

My Q. I have a Hellcat Pro and I just bought the threaded barrel for it. now my suppressor that attaches to my Sig MPX 9mm already has a "piston housing assembly" with the markings "M13. 5X1 LH" "9mm Only", now I have no clue what those numbers mean. I know it's a thread on with my Sig MPX, so wouldn't that automatically thread onto the Hellcat Pro's thread barrel? If not is there another piston housing, I'm supposed to use?

and while here... the suppressor is made for 9mm .300 BO, .40, and .45. I collect and have a number of .45 1911's... would I just need threaded barrels for those handguns, and a piston housing matching the caliber, like .45? Also, I have a Daniel Defense .300 Blackout PDW, I would have to get a new threaded barrel for that and a .300 BO housing? Right? Thats how it works?

Thanks for your time.

Excuse my ignorance on this one, I really know nothing about suppressors. I bought my first one 3 years ago, the

TI-RANT 45M (https://advanced-armament.com/shop/silencers/pistol/ti-rant-45m/)​

and had my local armor install it on my Sig MPX, where it pretty much has stayed.

My Q. I have a Hellcat Pro and I just bought the threaded barrel for it. now my suppressor that attaches to my Sig MPX 9mm already has a "piston housing assembly" with the markings "M13. 5X1 LH" "9mm Only", now I have no clue what those numbers mean. I know it's a thread on with my Sig MPX, so wouldn't that automatically thread onto the Hellcat Pro's thread barrel? If not is there another piston housing, I'm supposed to use?

and while here... the suppressor is made for 9mm .300 BO, .40, and .45. I collect and have a number of .45 1911's... would I just need threaded barrels for those handguns, and a piston housing matching the caliber, like .45? Also, I have a Daniel Defense .300 Blackout PDW, I would have to get a new threaded barrel for that and a .300 BO housing? Right? Thats how it works?

Thanks for your time.
You would need a 1/2x28 direct thread adapter for your suppressor to thread onto your Hellcat Pro. Basically it's a replacement back cap for your suppressor. The piston could possibly be removed and reused in the 1/2x28 threaded adapter if it's like the other suppressors I'm used to.

I would recommend giving Silencer Shop a call. They will point you in the right direction and probably have exactly what you need.

Last edited:
You would need a 1/2x28 direct thread adapter for your suppressor to thread onto your Hellcat Pro. Basically it's a replacement back cap for your suppressor. The piston could possibly be removed and reused in the 1/2x28 threaded adapter if it's like the other suppressors I'm used to.

I would recommend giving Silencer Shop a call. They will point you in the right direction and probably have exactly what you need.

You’d probably still need the piston housing for the Hellcat.

Thanks, will do...

I already have a 9mm suppressor bought and paid for at the Silencer Shop, the JK 105 CCX 9 which was recommended for my Hellcat Pro here. I'm just on the waiting list for my ATF tax stamp... just thought maybe, since I already have the other one, I could start using it immediately. OR at least use it for a couple of my .45's.

Thanks, always learning.

I’d call ti-Rant and ask your questions.
Better be safe for your own suppressor.
All my pistols need the piston housing. I run several brands of suppressors on my 9mm guns and all require the piston mount.
Easy to convert to direct thread, piston, tri lug or quick detach.
I routinely swap the suppressor from pistol to rifle as all mine are .multi caliber. . 30 cal to 5.56 and 9mm use

Back