testtest

Quest for a quality .380

The Browning BDA is an absolutely beautiful piece of machinery. I've lusted after one for more than a decade now. Unfortunately, the prices on them will undoubtedly go no where but even further beyond my purchasing power. A Beretta Model 83 would be wonderful as well. But the rarity of finding one is similar if not identical to finding a Browning BDA.

I recently got to shoot one of the Browning Black Label Versions in .22LR. Wow. There was almost NO felt recoil. Shooting at 12 yards I put 4 shots in one hole and had one flyer...sadly for me the flyer was much closer to the bullseye than the tightly grouped shots. But still. It is a very nicely made handgun. I'm still holding out some hope for the Baby Rock. After painting the front sight with some Tru-Glow and some painstaking windage adjustments on the rear sights, I'm getting closer to that magic "One-hole-in-the-middle" mark. Not much closer. But some. I'm hoping that after about 1000 rounds through it the trigger will give in and offer me at least a little relief. Pulling an extremely thin trigger at 10lbs and trying to keep your shots on target can lead to a little digit soreness at the end of a range session.

WMG1299, My father has and carries the Ruger LC9 after trading for his LCP (gen 1). Had we been able to find the dies for reloading .380s back then he may have never traded it. I've always been a fan of most Rugers, aside from the early generations of the P89 and P90. I was pleasantly surprised by the quality of the trigger and the accuracy of my friends SR9C as well.

I just trust a handgun that has a hammer on the back of it a little bit more. I'm not old enough to be considered "Old School", but I was trained by those who were. I've come to respect their wisdom and appreciate the preferences they've passed on.

...or maybe I'm just a control freak. <shrug>

Does anyone know if there would be alternate sight options for the Tisas Fatih? Are they a proprietary metric or would aftermarket manufacturer's options be a possibility?
I picked up a trade-in Beretta 85 for $389 from Classic last summer. It’s a single stack, but still a heck of a shooter.
DEDABC24-0280-4BC9-81AC-06C2D74D5598.jpeg

Back