testtest

Question about posting pictures?

Grayfox

Custom
I'm still pretty new here and a of bit a technologically challenged old man. :rolleyes: So help me out.
Other forums I belong to, to post a picture you have it on a hosting site and link to it with BB code.
That doesn't seem to work here. But I have posted pics by uploading directly from my computer.
The thing is that many of my best pictures are on the hosting site and its much easier for me to find and link to them there.
So, how do I do that?

I'm still pretty new here and a of bit a technologically challenged old man. :rolleyes: So help me out.
Other forums I belong to, to post a picture you have it on a hosting site and link to it with BB code.
That doesn't seem to work here. But I have posted pics by uploading directly from my computer.
The thing is that many of my best pictures are on the hosting site and its much easier for me to find and link to them there.
So, how do I do that?
@OkiePewPew can you answer this question?

So, how do I do that?
Pretty much a direct post from smart phone or PC.
You’ll have to download the pic from the host site to your device and then upload direct to your post with the “attach files” paperclip icon on the left bottom of your Springfield post .

I Could be wrong, but I have not seen 3rd party sites work on pics here

After you upload your image to your post, To make your photos larger in your post, click on the “insert” word on the left upper edge of your photo. Then select “full image”. It will make your image large like my sample to show you here
47AC24CA-E360-4EBD-8343-0F78AFB4780D.jpeg

I have figured out how to directly upload pics. But as I said, its just quicker and easier for me to find and link to the hosting site.
BTW: how much space do I have for direct uploads and how do I get to them to check or delete?

I have figured out how to directly upload pics. But as I said, its just quicker and easier for me to find and link to the hosting site.
BTW: how much space do I have for direct uploads and how do I get to them to check or delete?
Direct is from your device. There is not storage on SA’s site for your own host pic file.
Thats the beauty of not having a hosting site

I've found the easiest, simplest way to do it is.

1. Get up the pic you want to post, whether on your own computer or on another site completely.
2. Copy the pic. You can do this two ways:
a. Right-click on the pic and select "Copy" or "Copy Image" from the menu, if asked, OR...
b. Left-click on the pic and hit Ctrl+c
3. Come here. Put the cursor in your post where you want the pic to appear.
4. Hit Ctrl+v.
5. Wait for the pic to upload. When you see it here, it's uploaded.
6. Done! Repeat as necessary.

It takes longer to read these instructions than it will to actually DO it, once you get the routine down. It can be done in seconds once you know how.

Hope this helps. ;) (y)

Last edited:
Do not use a hosting site to post pics, KF and Snake told you exactly how its done, I think its a 5mb limit, so if you use a phone the pics are smaller, on some pics the PC will be a to large of a file.

Back