testtest

Question for XDman or any real smiths.

jumpinjoe

Hellcat
I'm at best an amateur gunsmith and know there are several others here probably far more knowledgeable than I, but this time I want/need a 'tried and true' answer from one who actually makes his living at it and I'm under the impression that XDman is one. Any others here who make their living at the trade please also chime in.

Mr XD, how critical (or not) is verifying headspace in a semi-auto pistol when one might just swap barrels from one gun to another like gun? Hope that's clear, if not please let me know. The answer to my question is of utmost importance to me at the moment.

Thanks!!!

I’m not a smith, nor do I play one on TV…and I didn’t stay in a Holiday Inn last night, either.

That being sad, I’ve swapped barrels in many pistols, and never once worried about—or even considered—headspace.
Agree, don’t have to worry about headspace, I never even considered that back in the day when I took a stock Colt 1991 pistol and installed a comped barrel assembly, made my first pin gun for my local club matches

Very few if any pistol cartridges headspace other than case mouth. There are a few that headspace on case head (I don't remember which ones do). The 357sig is debatable depending on source.

Very few if any pistol cartridges headspace other than case mouth. There are a few that headspace on case head (I don't remember which ones do). The 357sig is debatable depending on source.
Some state shoulder and others mouth on the 357sig, but wonder about other bottleneck pistol cases?

Back