testtest

Questions regarding XD-M

Rishathra

Alpha
I'm having some issues with finding some gear for my 4.5" .45 ACP XD-M, and all my searching has raised some questions in my mind:
  • Is the outline/silhouette the same for 9mm/10mm/.40/.45
  • Is it in fact the same slide with just a change in barrel and spring
  • Can it be switched between sizes easily
  • the Elite has an OSP version slide, would it fit a straight XD-M or do I have to get it done at a gunsmith
I'm having trouble finding the following:
  • blue gun, I can find 10mm in 4.5" but not .45acp
  • some holsters, I can find XD-M Elite, but not a straight up XD-M, is there any cosmetic difference, or would the holster fit both
Any help you can provide me will be most appreciated. I bought my XD-M cold, with no research at all. When I picked that up from the table it almost jumped up into my hand, it belonged there. My first time out I was shooting better with it over the Beretta 92F that I've had for 25 years, it fits that well. So well in fact that I'm seriously considering a Hellcat or other small 9mm to carry at work.

Thanks guys and gals. I'm really hoping you can help me out.

The 10mm and .45 share the same size frame; as do the 9 & .40. You can swap slides between .45 and 10, and 9 & .40...but not between .45 and 9mm.

You could, in theory, drop a .45 OSP slide onto your pistol with no problem...if Springfield sold aftermarket slides. They don’t.

A XDm Elite holster would work for a standard XDm.

The XD-m is there next offering in the XD line, kind of an update to the original one, longer match grade barrels, different textures on the frame, take down is different, higher capacity, grip can be changed with the included rear grip extensions.

Back