testtest

Range Commands

The range officer at the outdoor range I frequent uses those commands and the range has multiple other rules. Chamber flags have to be used during cease fires and all shooters need to stand behind a painted line away from there shooting table during cease fires as well until everyone returns from target changes.
women and men are required to wear long pants and no open toe shoes. Safety glasses and hearing protection are also required. Steel plates can not be closer then 100 yards to mitigate issues from ricochet’s No beer drinking and no drug use. If you point the muzzle of the gun anywhere then down range or straight up your done for the day, even if it’s unloaded and you haven’t fired a shot yet. If you return from taking care of your target during a cease fire and touch anything on your shooters table before the RO calls cease fire over your going home. Safety is PARAMOUNT.

Sadly, all rules apply because some yahoo did exactly the item that resulted in the range rule and the reason why the range officer is such a butthead

Sadly, all rules apply because some yahoo did exactly the item that resulted in the range rule and the reason why the range officer is such a butthead
Actually the RO is a great guy, very helpful and knowledgable,
This particular outdoor range has had I believe two fatal accidents and has put those rules in place because of that.

I am referring to ranges and RO’s in general.
I understand completely, I used to go to one particular indoor range because they were very close to where I lived, they also had a nice 100 Yard underground Rifle range separated from the handgun range. I used to wonder why I usually had the rifle range to myself until I got visited by the RO, He told me I wasn’t waiting long enough between shots, I was ok with him talking to me about the rules but the way he did it was rude. Basically he came across as an A** H*** when I confronted him about his attitude he told me
“I’m the boss and if you don’t like it you can F***ing leave”
I did and haven’t been back.

I understand completely, I used to go to one particular indoor range because they were very close to where I lived, they also had a nice 100 Yard underground Rifle range separated from the handgun range. I used to wonder why I usually had the rifle range to myself until I got visited by the RO, He told me I wasn’t waiting long enough between shots, I was ok with him talking to me about the rules but the way he did it was rude. Basically he came across as an A** H*** when I confronted him about his attitude he told me
Yep, most public ranges are that way. I get it, they deal with a lot of idiots, but it runs good people off.

i shoot at a private club now

"........ I used to wonder why I usually had the rifle range to myself until I got visited by the RO, He told me I wasn’t waiting long enough between shots, I was ok with him talking to me about the rules but the way he did it was rude........."
Well, I guess I'm missing something here, but other than allowing a bbl to cool for accuracy, which he wouldn't/shouldn't have had a dog in that fight anyway, what was his reason for the command, suggestion, recommendation or whatever he considered it? And just out of curiosity, what rifle were you shooting .... break action single shot, bolt gun, semi-auto or other, and how long were you waiting between shots compared to how long he thought you should be waiting??

That's something I'm pondering y'all! ;):D

regards,
jumpinjoe

Well, I guess I'm missing something here, but other than allowing a bbl to cool for accuracy, which he wouldn't/shouldn't have had a dog in that fight anyway, what was his reason for the command, suggestion, recommendation or whatever he considered it? And just out of curiosity, what rifle were you shooting .... break action single shot, bolt gun, semi-auto or other, and how long were you waiting between shots compared to how long he thought you should be waiting??

That's something I'm pondering y'all! ;):D

regards,
jumpinjoe
Well what I was doing was actually finishing up my hour with my last full mag, Savage AR10 .308-
Note that I am by myself on a 5 lane range.
Shoot, acquire target, repeat.
Mr. RO shows up, I stop shooting.
conversation went like this......
RO- you need to wait 5 seconds between shots.
Me- ok
RO- you also need to pick up your brass.
Me- I will when I’m done shooting.
RO- make sure you do.
Me- said nothing
RO- did you hear me?
Me- I heard you.
RO- your hour is almost over.
Me- I know
RO- good, make sure you clean up.
Me- excuse me but I heard you the first time you asked me to police my brass so what is your problem? Having a bad day?
RO- I am the boss so if you have a problem you can F***ing leave.
I packed up, cleaned up, left one spent cartridge on the table and went upstairs to pay. Guy at the counter says you had 10 minutes left,
I know but your RO needs to be more respectful. Counter guy says that was the owner that went down to see you.
Really well then that’s why the range is empty, he needs an attitude adjustment.
Anyway I’ve heard since the place is struggling to stay in business, I wonder why??

I shoot at a range that also has some good classroom courses with shooting time.
Holster draw
AR classes
Advanced AR
etc...

if you take their advanced holster, they have “holster hour” where you can draw from the holster.
If you take advanced AR, Or any other advanced class, you can fire at 1 second intervals for the type of weapon you took the class for .
Classes have been fun, educational and giving me an ipportunity to have a little more leeway at the range as long as safety is maintained at all times.

I don’t agree with somebody telling me I have to wait for my barrel to cool, if it’s a paid membership in the range, you should be able to do whatever you like as long as you follow the main rules, if that was me, I would have told that RO to mind his own business, then I would have filed a complaint about how you were following all the rules and commands, and he came up to you to tell you to let your barrel cool, which is none of his business or concern, just my opinion.

He never mentioned anything about my barrel cooling down between shots and the interesting part of his-
“Wait 5 seconds” at that particular
gun shop/range you can rent full auto weapons To shoot in the 1st floor range, and on that particular day someone was shooting a full auto weapon.
All that being said I’m done with that range.

He never mentioned anything about my barrel cooling down between shots and the interesting part of his-
“Wait 5 seconds” at that particular
gun shop/range you can rent full auto weapons To shoot in the 1st floor range, and on that particular day someone was shooting a full auto weapon.
All that being said I’m done with that range.
Got to say I'm in full agreement with you on this one. The RO appears to have a chip on his shoulder, maybe cause he's the owner ??? In any event it appears he's simply a dlckhead.

You and yours be safe, stay healthy, and for god's sake, police your damned brass !!! LOL!

regards,
jumpinjoe

Back