testtest

Range Report, Pathfinder 1.5

UC_Guy 1971

Custom
1000004667.jpg

.22 Magnum results...
The .22 mags were hard to dial in. It immediately got a lot better when I changed from Federal to CCI. Also Federal was the only rounds that had any duds; I won't buy those anymore.

All of this was 10 yards. As it looks like I was using a shotgun at 25 yards, I was having some issues. Final result = kit gun. Not something to use if fine accuracy is required, but otherwise great fun for camping. The .22LR rounds were high and left so I am keeping the mag 'zero'.


1000004665.jpg

.22LR results (head)

I used Kentucky windage to finally get a decent group with Federal Punch rounds.
 
I'm guessing a Charter Arms Pathfinder? 1.5=2" barrel?
I had the .22LR version years ago. Wouldn't hit the broad side of a barn. It went down the road. :rolleyes:

You have to focus on the barn and not the squirrels down your road. 😆 😆

I still remember shooting my Enfield and I kept missing the steel. Then I said “I can’t hit a broadside of a barn if I tried” and then took a shot that hit the steel plate.
 
Really short barrel pocket revolvers have their use no doubt. One shouldn't expect too much accuracy though especially as the distances go beyond 10 yds. Saw some at the range trying their luck at 20-25 yds, didn't see the cartridges but prob were 38 spl or something similar. They didn't hit much at all.
 
I'm guessing a Charter Arms Pathfinder? 1.5=2" barrel?
I had the .22LR version years ago. Wouldn't hit the broad side of a barn. It went down the road. :rolleyes:
No, it started life as a 1.0(?) in .22LR, but I sent it back for work. That took forever. They, for a brief time, offered to just send me a new gun but recanted and rebarreled my OG frame. The gun came back with the new II barrel, which had a fiber optic sight (cool), and an extra, 8-round, magnum cylinder. They did charge for that. It is half OG 1.0, half fancy new 2.0. So..... Pathfinder 1.5, with an 8 round cylinder that will rotate by pulling the trigger only about half the time, 100% if I cock the hammer like an SA though.
 
Back
Top