testtest

Range Report: RO LW Compact 9mm

Beautiful club Hans! My club has 14 ranges (2 indoor, one is archery/BB gun) plus a stocked lake for fishing. Every class of firearm discipline is covered plus archery. It's an old farm (1800's) and is absolutely beautiful. Lots of woods on the grounds for members to hunt deer and small game or fish the lake. Summer and winter leagues plus many matches, novelty shoots, woods walks, with community and youth programs offered free of charge. Lots of certified training for all disciplines. Clubhouse is the old barn upgraded in the 1940's with a beautiful, functional stone fireplace, AC, and a complete kitchen for meetings (snacks) and dinners. I feel extremely fortunate to be a member of this organization for only $45/yearly (Senior Member). Very proud of our community and youth programs bringing new shooters, male and female, to our sport. We are non-profit and the only paid employee is a live-in groundskeeper who, along with member volunteers, keeps our club beautiful! I'm spoiled, to say the least.

Last edited:
Beautiful club Hans! My club has 14 ranges (2 indoor, one is archery/BB gun) plus a stocked lake for fishing. Every class of firearm discipline is covered plus archery. It's an old farm (1800's) and is absolutely beautiful. Lots of woods on the grounds for members to hunt deer and small game or fish the lake. Summer and winter leagues plus many matches, novelty shoots, woods walks, with community and youth programs offered free of charge. Lots of certified training for all disciplines. Clubhouse is the old barn upgraded in the 1940's with a beautiful, functional stone fireplace, AC, and a complete kitchen for meetings (snacks) and dinners. I feel extremely fortunate to be a member of this organization for only $45/yearly (Senior Member). Very proud of our community and youth programs bringing new shooters, male and female, to our sport. We are non-profit and the only paid employee is a live-in groundskeeper who, along with member volunteers, keeps our club beautiful! I'm spoiled, to say the least.
We do have a clubhouse, but...it is rarely used.

Usually, the winner of whatever gun games we are playing is required to go to town (only about a mile away) and buy a couple pizzas and six-packs for the rest who stay back and police brass at the end of the day...it’s a good rule. Keepsus humble.

We self-police our brass after using any range, at least most of us do. I see you are a fellow beer lover. Locally, we have Troegs Brewery which has excellent micro brews. I also get Alchemy Brewing's Heddy Topper, which won the International Brewers Fest title a couple of years back, and Lawson's Sip of Sunshine when we visit our daughter and her family in VT, or they come to us, although it takes several coolers to transport as both are unpasteurized and must be kept cold.

Last edited:
We self-police our brass after using any range, at least most of us do. I see you are a fellow beer lover. Locally, we have Troegs Brewery which has excellent micro brews. I also get Alchemy Brewing's Heddy Topper, which won the International Brewers Fest title a couple of years back, and Lawson's Sip of Sunshine when we visit our daughter and her family in VT, or they come to us, although it takes several coolers to transport as both are unpasteurized and must be kept cold.

I am, matter of fact, a beer fan...particularly like my local micros, including Goat Ridge, Foxhole, and Talking Waters...

Really digging Oktoberfest beers tonight.

I am, matter of fact, a beer fan...particularly like my local micros, including Goat Ridge, Foxhole, and Talking Waters...

Really digging Oktoberfest beers tonight.
Made note of the beers you mentioned as 2 local beer distributors in my area carry quite a few micro brews from all over. Enjoy your Oktoberfest! For me, it's Troegs Nimble Giant Double IPA (brewed once a year) tonight, although I have a small stash of the Lawson's I mentioned earlier.

So, carry ammo testing today.

I loaded up one of the Wilson 9rd mags right off the bat with 147gr Winchester Ranger-T 147gr (one of my go-to loads, and one I have plenty of, currently), charged & topped off for 10rds total, put the timer on, put it down at low ready, and waited for the beep.

Result:
91F40075-E8E1-4E55-B220-D672498DF7DD.jpeg

10 rounds from low ready, rapid fire, 5 yards...2.52 seconds.

Yeah, I think I’ve got a serious contender...

Also tried some 115gr (HydraShok), 124gr (Gold Dot), 124+P and 147gr+P (both HST) nothing came close to the time or accuracy. All fed fine, though, so that’s good to know.

So; I’ve got a carry load. Probably carry with two backup mags (Both WC 9rd), one R-T, one 147gr Ball.

Next up: Night sights. Probably Trijicon HD...possibly TFX.

Back