testtest

Range time finally for the 1911 loaded in stainless of course 45ACP

powerboatr

Professional
Finally had a free day since Dec 14th. can you believe it?
between weather, family and weather
we got to take her out for a cruise
no targets pic sorry
i compared her to the standard in my inventory a 1967 colt 1911 45 ACP
trigger was super smooth and about the same pull as the 1967, firing was very predicable and smooth
slide was still a bit stiff on the manual rack. but after 100 rounds i had zero failures. i loaded 5 rounds per run and shot right a t 1 2 3 4 5 cadence, smooth, but a tick faster than normal to drive in some heat.
really not focused to much on grouping as much as was in listening and feeling how she operated
but at 25 feet i kept the center 3 inch circle full until it was air, so then i could count each shot as a bulls eye :ROFLMAO:
over all was very very happy,
the weight is so close to the 1967 , its not even a factor
i thought being a tad heavier it would be more of a wear my hand out event, but it was a very good time

sad news is the 1967 scared me to death on cleaning, it looked like i had a crack inside by the cut out for the locking pin, across to the mag well. i cleaned it up and put some dye in and the areas and nothing bled through, but DAMMMMM it scared me

Attachments

• 1911 45 loaded springfield (7).jpg
    1911 45 loaded springfield (7).jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 60
  • 1911 45 loaded springfield (5).jpg
    1911 45 loaded springfield (5).jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 60
  • 1967 colt jan 2024 2.jpg
    1967 colt jan 2024 2.jpg
    569.3 KB · Views: 56
  • 1967 colt jan 2024 4.jpg
    1967 colt jan 2024 4.jpg
    531.7 KB · Views: 88
Last edited:
Finally had a free day since Dec 14th. can you believe it?
between weather, family and weather
we got to take her out for a cruise
no targets pic sorry
i compared her to the standard in my inventory a 1967 colt 1911 45 ACP
trigger was super smooth and about the same pull as the 1967, firing was very predicable and smooth
slide was still a bit stiff on the manual rack. but after 100 rounds i had zero failures. i loaded 5 rounds per run and shot right a t 1 2 3 4 5 cadence, smooth, but a tick faster than normal to drive in some heat.

over all was very very happy,
the weight is so close to the 1967 , its not even a factor
i thought being a tad heavier it would be more of a wear my hand out event, but it was a very good time

sad news is the 1967 scared me to death on cleaning, it looked like i had a crack inside by the cut out for the locking pin, across to the mag well. i cleaned it up and put some dye in and the areas and nothing bled through, but DAMMMMM it scared me
Nice looking. While not a 1911, my SW,MP , shoots very nice, crisp, smooth #4 trigger, Tru glo sights

I have it's litter mate. I put a WC guide rod with the flatwire recoil spring and funny little blue buffer pad, plunger spring and an arched MSH to be rid of the ILS. 12 years old and still ringing steel.

View attachment 50922
hmm tell me more about the blue buffer and the neat inerds
the spring is weird IMO , allen key to unscrew then press on the SHARP ring
i made a nylon FINGER to take that abuse for now

they only real issue i had was.....my wife has taken over the 1967 colt 1911
so i let her shoot the new 1911 and she hmmmmmm LIKED IT as well,
so i said hey honey, hmmm i will order you one...this one is MINE. :love:

Last edited:
This is what I used, the guide rod and plug with the blue buffer and this flat wire recoil spring. All drop in stuff, no allen wrench needed.

This is what I used, the guide rod and plug with the blue buffer and this flat wire recoil spring. All drop in stuff, no allen wrench needed.

thank you

The blue buffer pads are not recommended by most 1911 enthusiasts. The fear is the pad deteriorates rapidly and could lock up the pistol.

I used one for awhile and saw how the buffer was deteriorating in short time. Yeah I know, just change it out regularly, but why increase the risk of a potential source of failure. I know Wilson sends the pads with many of his 1911 springs, but I quit using them. If you want some more of them, you're welcome to what I have.

The blue buffer pads are not recommended by most 1911 enthusiasts. The fear is the pad deteriorates rapidly and could lock up the pistol.

I used one for awhile and saw how the buffer was deteriorating in short time. Yeah I know, just change it out regularly, but why increase the risk of a potential source of failure. I know Wilson sends the pads with many of his 1911 springs, but I quit using them. If you want some more of them, you're welcome to what I have.
My Loaded model isn't a carry gun or home defense it's a fun gun. I do clean every gun after firing so it isn't like I won't notice any deterioration, but you are correct they will wear out with use. I have put maybe 200 rds through the pistol without any breakdown of the little blue buffer pad so far,
Murphy's law is always a factor though☘️.

I tried Wilson shok-Buffs quite a few years ago. Had several failures to feed w/ two 1911's in 45ACP. Why try to fix something that doesn't need fixing?

Never used buffs, correct springs and reasonable loads, never had an issue.

Enjoy the shooting, she is sweet.

Last edited:

Yea, buffer pads can and will be an issue unless you check them often, if your really concerned about slide to frame battering, move up to a 18 1/2lb variable rate recoil spring, on my heavy use 1911, that’s what I did, occasional shooter stick with 16lb factory spring

Hi @powerboatr,

Great to see you out and about. Glad the 1967 did not have a crack. :D

I wish Mrs. BassCliff would take a liking to my Garrison. I'd be glad to buy another one. ;)

I finally made it out to the range after a couple of weeks of "too busy". I'll post a few pictures in a minute.

Thank you for your indulgence,

BassCliff

Back