testtest

RDP barrel replacement

I bought a hellcat rdp for carry and now that the great state of Illinois considers threaded barrels as assault weapons I'd be burned at the stake if I actually had to use it. What is the best aftermarket barrel for this that's not an "assault" barrel?
True Precision seems to be the most common option for the Hellcat.

Optics Planet is offering free shipping on the True Precision barrel. Review the options before potentially making a purchase because this link has Hellcat and the Hellcat Pro barrels.

Hi,

I bought a hellcat rdp for carry and now that the great state of Illinois considers threaded barrels as assault weapons I'd be burned at the stake if I actually had to use it. What is the best aftermarket barrel for this that's not an "assault" barrel?

I might also suggest checking with Bar-Sto, StormLake, and Springer Precision to see if they offer a barrel to you liking.

Thank you for your indulgence,

BassCliff

True Precision seems to be the most common option for the Hellcat.

Optics Planet is offering free shipping on the True Precision barrel. Review the options before potentially making a purchase because this link has Hellcat and the Hellcat Pro barrels.

It's the 3" correct?

Contacted Springfield and they won't sell an unthreaded barrel to me. Not an option. But they said an aftermarket barrel could void the warranty. After all the BS I went through with the several garbage hex red dots that didn't work and now this I think my best option is to sell my Springfields and move on.
FYI Springfield doesn't sell gun parts, they just started on a few barrels just recently, give it time, maybe in the future.

Dammit, I just bought the 3.8 new release replacement RDP setup for my stock Hellcat. I think you can find 3" non threaded barrels somewhere.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back