testtest

Real nerf guns

Sounds like a hoax. I think criminals would prefer the intimidation factor of a gun that looks like a gun. If I am right, some other people are scum.

This reminds me of another famous hoax, that dealers give kids drugs that look like candy to "get them hooked."

Anyway, do you remember where you saw it?

That turns out to be a really interesting story. That gun was seized in 2021 in North Carolina. It is the only case I could find. Back in 2014, there was another case where two guns were seized that had their barrel tips painted orange. That's the only two I could find.

This is a perfect example of what I am talking about. Almost all the coverage was from local TV stations. The rest was from sites that tell scary-sensational stories to get clicks. So now lots of people know about it who would never have thought about doing it. That's the cost of hyping the news.

That said, it looks like a good deal of care went into painting that gun and it really looks like a NERF gun. It almost looks like some of the gamer replicas that we see on the forums.

And especially, credit goes to GunsAmerica for their reporting that appeared to be real journalism. They even mentioned that the cops said they didn't know if it belonged to the arrestee.

Always interesting here.

Last edited:
It's really disheartening to hear about such misuse of real guns, especially when they're painted to resemble harmless Nerf guns. It's a sad reminder of the lengths some individuals will go to for nefarious purposes. We definitely need to advocate for responsible firearm ownership and usage to prevent such incidents and ensure the safety of our communities.
Also, check out https://nerfinfo.com/why-the-best-super-soaker-water-gun-is-a-summer-must-have. It's a fun read that brings back childhood memories of exciting water battles! It's a refreshing change of topic from the heavier discussions.

You have to remember. Back “when” the national news was 30 minutes each evening. Even today, if you turn on the “news” if there’s anything going on you’ll hear it in 15 minutes. The remainder of the 23 hours and 45 minutes of the day is simply regurgitation of the same stuff, expanded with “opinions” and fabrication. You will never, ever, hear the talking heads say “and that’s all that’s going on today. So we’ll be switching over to I Love Lucy for the next xxx hours”😏

A LE friend of mine came up against a C918 mental case fool who pulled a painted tip 1911 style toy pistol on him in a poorly lighted mobile home. Garry was a marksman. The fool was sent to the Medical Examiners Office, and Garry took a beating by the liberal media.

Years later while I was recovering on light duty from my 2nd OIS, a fool was driving in metro Phoenix waving what looked like an UZI at drivers, one of which was me in an unmarked car. I followed him for 5 miles trying to get a marked unit from three different agencies to stop him, no one available. The fool finally pulled off the freeway and stopped in the middle of a residential street. I got out first with a racked 870, announced I was LE as he exited his car and started to raise the pistol in my direction. He was about 3# shy of being sent to the Medical Examiners Office. He dropped the pistol and the sound of plastic on asphalt was obvious. He actually crap*ed his pants and started crying.

I tried to get our association to push for a criminal statute to make painting the orange tips of toy pistols a crime, but there was little interest.

Last edited:
A LE friend of mine came up against a C918 mental case fool who pulled a painted tip 1911 style toy pistol on him in a poorly lighted mobile home. Garry was a marksman. The fool was sent to the Medical Examiners Office, and Garry took a beating by the liberal media.

Years later while I was recovering on light duty from my 2nd OIS, a fool was driving in metro Phoenix waving what looked like an UZI at drivers, one of which was me in an unmarked car. I followed him for 5 miles trying to get a marked unit from three different agencies to stop him, no one available. The fool finally pulled off the freeway and stopped in the middle of a residential street. I got out first with a racked 870, announced I was LE as he exited his car and started to raise the pistol in my direction. He was about 3# shy of being sent to the Medical Examiners Office. He dropped the pistol and the sound of plastic on asphalt was obvious. He actually crap*ed his pants and started crying.

I tried to get our association to push for a criminal statute to make painting the orange tips of toy pistols a crime, but there was little interest.
Truly insufficient chlorine in the gene pool😏

That turns out to be a really interesting story. That gun was seized in 2021 in North Carolina. It is the only case I could find. Back in 2014, there was another case where two guns were seized that had their barrel tips painted orange. That's the only two I could find.

We got an email warning us about that. It was one of those Glocks with the micro Ronin conversion kit

https://www.cnn.com/2021/03/20/us/nerf-gun-drug-bust/index.html

Police in North Carolina found a real gun disguised as a Nerf toy while conducting a drug raid in Catawba County, north of Charlotte, this week.

The Glock 19 pistol, along with a 50-round drum magazine, had been painted blue and orange and labeled with the Nerf logo to look like a toy, the Catawba County Sheriff’s Office said in a news release on Facebook.
nerf.jpeg

Back