testtest

Recommend 1 powder for handguns

Anyone used those Argentine primers? I bought some Fiocchi primers a while back, but haven't used them. They were similar in price, but they come in 150 quantities, so you get 50% more than regular manufacturers. I hope they work out since I bought 1500.
at other sites i frequent, some say the Argentine primers are harder.

some had issues, others did not.

for me personally, i'll stick to the America brands, and pay more for them.

some things, i don't like to go cheap.

Anyone used those Argentine primers? I bought some Fiocchi primers a while back, but haven't used them. They were similar in price, but they come in 150 quantities, so you get 50% more than regular manufacturers. I hope they work out since I bought 1500.
I have about 6000 of those primers on hand right now but I haven't used them yet. Two friends of mine have shot hundreds of rounds using them without a single issue.

I need to order or buy powder for handguns. Most common types reloaded: .32 mag., .38 Spec., .45 Schofield, .45 ACP and .45 Colt. Not as often: .380 ACP and 9mm. I'm currently am using Titegroup, but have used 231, Bullseye, American Select, Clays and WSL. Prefer 8 lb. kegs under $280.
There are many, many newer powders that I've never used. I use 231, power pistol, 296, H-110 and 2400 for various handgun calibers. I recently used the last of my WW small pistol primers to load 1000 rounds of 9mm. I can afford to pay a hundred bucks for a 1000 primers, just not going to do it. I use Federal 9mm 147 gr FMJ-FP factory ammo for practice.
Ammunitionstore.com sells it for $13.99 for a box of 50. This is probably cheaper than hand loading.

i just found another poster complaining about the Argentine made primers...

==============================================================================

I purchased 2K of Servisios and Adventuras primer made in Argentina several months ago. Price was about what everyone is paying. I have been using the primers exclusively to work up loads and also to test them for reliability.

I have had mixed success with them. I usually get 5 out of twenty that will not fire without multiple hammer strikes or rotating the cartridge in the chamber and then having them work. Background, these are being tested in a Beretta M9A4 with an MCarbo trigger kit installed.

Various projectiles both clad and lead are being used and mixed brass for testing. The primers seat easily with my Franklin Arsenal perfect primer seater. It has a great adjustable seater aspect that requires a thumbturn wheel be turn 1 click up or down to get .001 difference.

I have used the full extent of the adjustability to the point that the primer ram is making a small circle on the primer when I have gone too far. I usually seat just below flush. I didn't feel that made much difference. Maybe its just my combination of parts and pieces that are creating this condition.

Winchester and CCI primers just work every time.

The SA primers are just not consistent but the saving grace for me is that while I won't use them for when it counts, I will continue to use them for the advantages of training for sight picture follow through and double action practice with the Beretta.

i bought 5k but have only used a hand full so far. I haven't had any problems but like i said only loaded about 100

i've been using green dot on my 9mm and red dot on my 45 acp.
recently i picked up some zip for 20 dollars a pound and have worked up some range loads with it and so far so good.
I also picked up several pounds of Titegrooup and am working up some range loads for it as well.
both seem to be good titegroup uses less powder zip is cheaper.

i've been using green dot on my 9mm and red dot on my 45 acp.
recently i picked up some zip for 20 dollars a pound and have worked up some range loads with it and so far so good.
I also picked up several pounds of Titegrooup and am working up some range loads for it as well.
both seem to be good titegroup uses less powder zip is cheaper.
yeah you see, at first i had Bullseye, as 1.5 pounds of it came with the reloading room that i bought.

then as i was running low, i started the search for another brand, as Bullseye was not available.

neither was W231, and frankly a few others......dam shortages.....

that's when i came across TiteGroup, and asked the local guys here about it...they (all 4 of them) said TiteGroup was excellent for nearly all pistol calibers, so i bought my first 8# jug.

the one thing i really do not want, is a shelf full or different gun powders, to me, that is just insane, when the one i have (TiteGroup) does what it needs to do, for what i shoot.

i like the results, and now i have another 8# jug in my stock....(and about 7#'s left in that first jug still)

i thought a few months ago, to...... "grab a jug now at the lower price of $230 as the prices were already starting to creep up" ....my first jug of TiteGroup was like $220 + the dang hazmat fee.

many guys "work up" a special load for thier tastes...which may be the reason for them to have several different gunpowders......... but for me, i simply reload to target shoot, not much of anything else.

I get into powders when my current one becomes unavailable. :( American Select, Bullseye, Unique, Clays, Blue Dot, HP 38, Titegroup, among others. I have maybe a pound left of Winchester Superlite I forgot about, so I'll get back to it when I switch over again. Some of my favored ones have gone over $300 which will soon be the next bottom level. Titegroup is a very good powder and useful for most handguns.

Back