testtest

Recommend 1 powder for handguns

youngolddude

Professional
I need to order or buy powder for handguns. Most common types reloaded: .32 mag., .38 Spec., .45 Schofield, .45 ACP and .45 Colt. Not as often: .380 ACP and 9mm. I'm currently am using Titegroup, but have used 231, Bullseye, American Select, Clays and WSL. Prefer 8 lb. kegs under $280.

I’ve ran Green Dot for my 38 special and Magnum rounds and have used it for 45 acp and Colt. (Normally use Win Super Field in 45 acp)

Not sure about the others good luck finding it haven’t seen it for a while

Clays and Unique are the only 2 I've used in 44mag (mainly 296) for decades and only having that 1 pistol cartridge to reload for. Now having 9mm, 357sig, 40s&w, 10mm, 45acp and 50ae there are only the 9 and 45 I could use it in. I'd go Unique.

I need to order or buy powder for handguns. Most common types reloaded: .32 mag., .38 Spec., .45 Schofield, .45 ACP and .45 Colt. Not as often: .380 ACP and 9mm. I'm currently am using Titegroup, but have used 231, Bullseye, American Select, Clays and WSL. Prefer 8 lb. kegs under $280.
one of the reasons i went with Tite Group, was the shortage of WIN 231

so i called a couple of my buddies that reload and told me that Tite Group was very good.

i had bought an 8 # jug...

i have like 7 #'s left, like it so much, i bought another 8 # jug.

i have used western and accurate #5 for ever, and #2 for the 9mm and 380
but i am just about out of #2 and the #5 will cover all three easily and has before
i bought 3, 8 lb jugs a few years back when it was lots less and in stock

i have used western and accurate #5 for ever, and #2 for the 9mm and 380
but i am just about out of #2 and the #5 will cover all three easily and has before
i bought 3, 8 lb jugs a few years back when it was lots less and in stock

what i found at a site that i buy from, the prices of so many 8 # jugs IS like nearly $360...

clearly now, any one wanting to think that they save money reloading.........may want to read several suppliers websites first.

I like Titegroup now, but I last paid $250 and I can get it for $310, but I'm reluctant at that price. I can get HP 38 for about $265 and that's about all I'm familiar with. Bullseye is maybe $330. Some of the other ones I've used are out of stock. Sigh. Normally, I use Natchez, MidwayUsa or Brownells. I may need to expand my horizons, but I hate trying to find honest websites.

I like Titegroup now, but I last paid $250 and I can get it for $310, but I'm reluctant at that price. I can get HP 38 for about $265 and that's about all I'm familiar with. Bullseye is maybe $330. Some of the other ones I've used are out of stock. Sigh. Normally, I use Natchez, MidwayUsa or Brownells. I may need to expand my horizons, but I hate trying to find honest websites.
the link i sent to you, i have been doing business with them for like over a year now, when i got started.

i got primers for a good price, as well as that Tite Group.

i "took a chance" on them , and it has worked out for me.

what i found at a site that i buy from, the prices of so many 8 # jugs IS like nearly $360...

clearly now, any one wanting to think that they save money reloading.........may want to read several suppliers websites first.
YUP its gone up crazy amounts
right now if you toss in 96 for 1k primers, the bullets and powder, its almost break even on bulk ammo .com for 1k rounds of some brands
i shop all the websites and lgs , so when i see it at good price i pull the card out
i need primers right now, i am down to 12k left and have 2 jugs of powder and need to order bullets
90 bux for primers hurts me inside :love: :eek:

YUP its gone up crazy amounts
right now if you toss in 96 for 1k primers, the bullets and powder, its almost break even on bulk ammo .com for 1k rounds of some brands
i shop all the websites and lgs , so when i see it at good price i pull the card out
i need primers right now, i am down to 12k left and have 2 jugs of powder and need to order bullets
90 bux for primers hurts me inside :love: :eek:
here's the thing.....many of you if not all of you, that have been reloading for decades, know what the prices "used to be"

i don't......i only hear of what the prices were.

i had wanted to get into reloading as a way to expand my knowledge base of the sport/hobby.

(i already KNEW, there wouldn't be much savings in money spent, but i still wanted to get into reloading)

it snowballed from buying 1 press, to a buddy's whole reloading room, for dirt cheap.

and it has not snowballed anymore, but avalanched since then.

i reload only when my reloaded ammo is low, other wise i have factory new on hand.

so therefore, i do not shoot more so i can reload more, as i am rather holding back on what components i have on hand, at the prices i paid for these days, over your pricing of years ago.

so for me, being the "new guy", i pay the higher prices, cuz it's what it is nowadays.

in short time, all my reloading stuff will be gone, due to my aging.

so, i just mosey along, pay the prices, have some fun at the reloading presses, and shoot what i reload.....sparingly

A great place to check all is ammoseek and wikiguns. Honest search places

I've seen small pistol primer prices at $70/K as the cheapest right now. I don't recall if it was Natchez or Midway. I've got maybe 12K small and large, so I don't need to spend at the moment. I reload for my desired speed or power factor, but I save a bunch per 50 or 100. I reload shotshells, too and are spendy if you find light loads. It costs maybe $7.50/box instead of $12-14/box. Cheap game loads are too fast and are still $10/box on sale. The wife shoots, too, so every cowboy match is minimum 120 cartridges and two boxes of shotshells. It would be prohibitive for .45s to buy them retail. I will shoot .38s instead of .45s this weekend to even out the primer and bullet supply. Sometimes I have to shoot .45s in order to save small primers for the wife, but we have some balance at the moment.
Sorry for the lengthy post, I hate to drone on. I'll check Ammoseek later. If anyone has another pet site or two, let me know. Thanks.

NormaUSA DOT com (used to be NormaShooting.com) has Made in Argentina SP primers for $49.99 / 1000

Anyone used those Argentine primers? I bought some Fiocchi primers a while back, but haven't used them. They were similar in price, but they come in 150 quantities, so you get 50% more than regular manufacturers. I hope they work out since I bought 1500.

Back