testtest

Recommended suppressor for M1A?

DeploraBill

Operator
I searched this in past posts and surprisingly didn't see anything. I just purchased the Standard Issue M1A in .308. I would love to get it all decked out with a Suppressor. (only for Target shooting) Does anyone have any recommendations for a good suppressor?

I searched this in past posts and surprisingly didn't see anything. I just purchased the Standard Issue M1A in .308. I would love to get it all decked out with a Suppressor. (only for Target shooting) Does anyone have any recommendations for a good suppressor?
Any .30cal suppressor would work. Some suppressors have slight differences in the pros & cons department so do you're homework.

I would recommend the Rugged Razor or the Rugged Surge. Rugged makes an awesome product and they have the best warranty in the business.

I have been using a .30 caliber Smith Enterprise suppressor on my M14s since 2006, it fits SEI's DC Vortex flash hider so it works on all of my rifles that have a DC Vortex flash hider including my 5.56 NATO Daewoo, and my 7.63x39 AK when I had it. SEI is located in Tempe, AZ

550894_490755767608283_1129010242_n.jpg

Last edited:
Blasphemy!

Get an AR-10 and put a can on it...

Not being mean, I'm just a Fudd. To prove it, I replaced my plastic hand guard with a walnut hand guard.
Yeah, sorry. Is that bad? I just thought it would be nice to deck it out with bells and whistles. But maybe you're right. Just put the can on one of my ARs instead of the M1A. :)

Yeah, sorry. Is that bad? I just thought it would be nice to deck it out with bells and whistles. But maybe you're right. Just put the can on one of my ARs instead of the M1A. :)
I was being a tad facetious. If it keeps you interested in firearms, paint the rifle pink.

I always think of a wood-stock M1A as a hat-tip to the M-14...the Scout and the Socom models more suited to tricking out. Again, do whatever trips your trigger!

The range at which I shoot is jam-packed with 7-14" barrel AR's with muzzle-breaks (I experienced 458-Socom a month back on a 7" barrel...woof was that loud), lot's of deer calibers, an occasional .338LM, all blasting away happily. Putting a can on a rifle for me is kind of pointless. I AM looking at a suppressed Scorpion or possibly a 300BKO pistol for the house...but for a full-length rifle, especially where I shoot on a public range, it's futile.

Where you can get acquainted with Rugged products.
Silencershop is a good start to legally buy a suppressor. Keep in mind that this is for US citizens and suppressors are highly regulated by the law and to acquire one there will be an extensive background check and a long waiting period (months) to receive a suppressor and only if you pass the background check.

Here is a link to Rugged's website that you can use as a reference for more information on their products.

Back