testtest

Red dot or not

I think a key point here is that, red dots (or irons) will only work IF you practice with them. If you actually use them they’re a decent aid to accuracy-if you use them as a crutch because you won’t actually practice I believe you’re deluding yourself (“I got a dot on my pistol, I can’t miss”). I’ve seen folks who seemed to think that their new toy would makeup fora lack of skill. I personally don’t use one on a carry gun -I like mine as low drag and compact as an be, so no extras hanging off. I’ve got a Browning Buckmark .22 target pistol that’s stupid accurate and easy to shoot with a dot, Use whatever spins your crank, but actually shoot the thing enough that you’re proficient with it😊

I think a key point here is that, red dots (or irons) will only work IF you practice with them. If you actually use them they’re a decent aid to accuracy-if you use them as a crutch because you won’t actually practice I believe you’re deluding yourself (“I got a dot on my pistol, I can’t miss”). I’ve seen folks who seemed to think that their new toy would makeup fora lack of skill. I personally don’t use one on a carry gun -I like mine as low drag and compact as an be, so no extras hanging off. I’ve got a Browning Buckmark .22 target pistol that’s stupid accurate and easy to shoot with a dot, Use whatever spins your crank, but actually shoot the thing enough that you’re proficient with it😊
I used to be the same way. Mainly because it seemed like just one more thing that can fail at the worst time possible. After abusing them awhile I’m convinced they’re solid though. And all mine co-witness anyway so…..

I used to be the same way. Mainly because it seemed like just one more thing that can fail at the worst time possible. After abusing them awhile I’m convinced they’re solid though. And all mine co-witness anyway so…..
The one I’ve fiddled with is solid enough. It’s worked well. At this point I’d say they’re pretty well proven technology. The some of early ones were a bit sketchy, but the newer models are sound. I don’t cc one but I’ll not be critical of anyone who chooses one.

Back