testtest

Red Dot Recommendation for Hellcat Pro

2A73

Alpha
Hey Everyone!

First time posting on here. I just put a deposit down for a Hellcat Pro and it should be here mid December (we just got them here in CA). I want to put a red dot on it. Any recommendations? I prefer a red dot that does not require an adapter plate. I have the Vortex Venom on my Glock19, dunno if it will fit the Hellcat or not. Any recommendations is appreciated. Thanks!

Midway has Shield sights on sale right now.

Shield sights don’t get the greatest reviews. They’re generally considered outdated and a bit fragile.
Pretty sure Holosun needs a plate or a dremmel tool to mount on Hellcat/Pro.
Sometimes when mounting the Holosun 507C which shares a footprint with the RMR there is a minute difference and you need to file the slide a tiny bit. That isn’t the case with the Ks.

Shield sights don’t get the greatest reviews. They’re generally considered outdated and a bit fragile.

Sometimes when mounting the Holosun 507C which shares a footprint with the RMR there is a minute difference and you need to file the slide a tiny bit. That isn’t the case with the Ks.
I think the little pegs are different between the K and C. I read that somewhere.

I think the K series are direct to slide.
1700949262491.png

That's bizarre. I just put a 407k on a P365XL that is RMSc-compatible, and it fit perfectly. I've never heard of the Holosun K-series not fitting properly on any slide that is truly RMSc compatible.
Yeah. Not sure what the extra 2 lugs are for. Considering the optics that are actually available for this thing I think I would at least consider grinding those lugs off. Or having a smith do it.

The Vortex Defender will bolt right on. I have one on my pro and it’s ok. It’s auto off/shake awake feature is a joke. It stays on for fourteen hours after movement. If you’re ok with manually turning it off when not in use it has been a pretty good dot so far. It’s also a bit wide for a so called micro. It’s the same width as the venom so it overhangs the slide some on the Hellcat/pro. Would I buy another one? Probably not. I’d probably look at the holosun and a dremmel tool.

The Venom doesn't fit the RMSc footprint.

I would avoid the standard Romeo Zero model for several reasons (even though I think Sig makes good optics in general).
Thanks Hammer!

Why avoid the RomeoZero? I picked one up for my P365 at an unbelievable Black Friday price that I couldn’t pass up.

Please don’t give me buyer’s remorse before I mount it on Monday (when my P229’s little cousin gets out of DROS jail).

Why avoid the RomeoZero? I picked one up for my P365 at an unbelievable Black Friday price that I couldn’t pass up.

My biggest gripe with the Zero is the inboard brightness adjustment - it's awkward and I found it was hard to change the settings with touching the lens. The lens is polymer, and I think glass is better for optics. I also prefer that with the Holosun, for example, you don't have to remove the optic to replace the battery.

But if you found a Zero for super cheap, it's worth trying out and seeing whether those things bother you or not.

Last edited:
Yeah, the Holosun 407K needs an adapter plate. Thanks for the feedback fellas, I'll research some more!
Maybe just buy a decent gun like a P365XL, a P365 Macro, a P365 Macro Comp, a P365 AXG Legion.

Or maybe the FN Reflex Optic Ready.

Or the Canik Meté MC9.

None of them need a plate to mount the undeniable best optic with the RMSc footprint.

Speaking of the RMSc footprint - I picked up a Viridian RFX11 green dot for my Canik MC9 and it is pretty nice for a relatively inexpensive (sub-$200) optic.

I run a Romeo Zero Elite on my Franken Sig P365 and it has a glass lens but it’s a pretty poorly executed red dot. Particularly the user controls.

Maybe just buy a decent gun like a P365XL, a P365 Macro, a P365 Macro Comp, a P365 AXG Legion.

Or maybe the FN Reflex Optic Ready.

Or the Canik Meté MC9.

None of them need a plate to mount the undeniable best optic with the RMSc footprint.

Speaking of the RMSc footprint - I picked up a Viridian RFX11 green dot for my Canik MC9 and it is pretty nice for a relatively inexpensive (sub-$200) optic.

I run a Romeo Zero Elite on my Franken Sig P365 and it has a glass lens but it’s a pretty poorly executed red dot. Particularly the user controls.

It's moot at this point. Though I would have had a totally different list of "replacement" guns than you listed.

I still vote for removing the extra 2 knobs and going with a Holosun.

Back