testtest

Red Dot Recommendation for Hellcat Pro

My biggest gripe with the Zero is the inboard brightness adjustment - it's awkward and I found it was hard to change the settings with touching the lens. The lens is polymer, and I think glass is better for optics. I also prefer that with the Holosun, for example, you don't have to remove the optic to replace the battery.

But if you found a Zero for super cheap, it's worth trying out and seeing whether those things bother you or not.
Thanks brother! I just saw that Holosun has a Cyber Monday sale so I’m picking one up for my next purchase coming in January.

If the Holosun needs an adapter plate for the Hellcat, then it's the latter that isn't entirely "RMSc compatible," not the optic.
Actually it’s the Holosun that’s not RMSc compatible. The Shield RMSc footprint consists of two screws and four sockets/pegs. The Holosun is it’s own animal.

Actually it’s the Holosun that’s not RMSc compatible. The Shield RMSc footprint consists of two screws and four sockets/pegs. The Holosun is it’s own animal.

Ok. But I'm willing to bet people are mounting more Holosun K-series on micro pistols than all the other RMSc options combined. And I've mounted a Zero, a Sentinel and a 407k on my P365 and none of them needed an adapter plate. I've also mounted a 407k and a Sentinel on a Walther PPS and not needed an adapter. So the argument for the Shield footprint being the 'standard' seems pretty silly to me, and it's obviously possible to mill a slide that will accommodate RMSc and other options like Holosun as well, without any adapters needed.

Last edited:
Ok. But I'm willing to bet people are mounting more Holosun K-series on micro pistols than all the other RMSc options combined. And I've mounted a Zero, a Sentinel and a 407k on my P365 and none of them needed an adapter plate. I've also mounted a 407k and a Sentinel on a Walther PPS and not needed an adapter. So the argument for the Shield footprint being the 'standard' seems pretty silly to me, and it's obviously possible to mill a slide that will accommodate RMSc and other options like Holosun as well, without any adapters needed.
True. The p365 has the holosun k series footprint also I believe it’s sometimes referred to as the modified RMSc footprint. It will accept holosun as well as all the true RMSc footprint optics.

I think you’re misinterpreting how the term “standard” is being applied. It’s not the standard as in industry standard across different brands of pistols. It’s more like RMSc “standard” (regular) footprint vs. the modified version. The “standard” or regular version is just what Springfield chose to go with.

True. The p365 has the holosun k series footprint also I believe it’s sometimes referred to as the modified RMSc footprint. It will accept holosun as well as all the true RMSc footprint optics.

I think you’re misinterpreting how the term “standard” is being applied. It’s not the standard as in industry standard across different brands of pistols. It’s more like RMSc “standard” (regular) footprint vs. the modified version. The “standard” or regular version is just what Springfield chose to go with.

I think it is accurate to refer to RMSc as a 'standard' - it's the footprint configuration that most micro red dots have adopted, so it is a de facto standard. Or at least has been. As you pointed out, Holosun is a notable exception.

My point is just that I'm not sure why any manufacturer these days wouldn't use the 'modified standard' for a milled slide since it allows for more optic options, including one of the most popular optics currently made. Of course, aftermarket makers of adapter plates love it the discrepancy, but I can't think of a single good argument for why the 'modified standard' shouldn't be the only standard used across the board.

I think it is accurate to refer to RMSc as a 'standard' - it's the footprint configuration that most micro red dots have adopted, so it is a de facto standard. Or at least has been. As you pointed out, Holosun is a notable exception.

My point is just that I'm not sure why any manufacturer these days wouldn't use the 'modified standard' for a milled slide since it allows for more optic options, including one of the most popular optics currently made. Of course, aftermarket makers of adapter plates love it the discrepancy, but I can't think of a single good argument for why the 'modified standard' shouldn't be the only standard used across the board.
I think this is a case of the Hellcat being an older design. All the guns you and I have mentioned are relatively new and use the modified RMSc footprint. The P365, which has been around for a while now, got into the optic mounted market fairly recently hence their use of the modified RMSc footprint. I think with time we will see the standard RMSc footprint disappear. Holosun is too big of a player to not have in a pistol’s direct mount options.

If the Holosun needs an adapter plate for the Hellcat, then it's the latter that isn't entirely "RMSc compatible," not the optic.
The Hellcat is compatible with the RMSc footprint.

The Holosun K and EPS optics support their K footprint which is a modified RMSc. Need a plate or you have to modify the slide and remove the front recoil posts.

Last edited:
Back