testtest

Red dot sight

Just purchase an XDM Elite 10 mm. Thinking of going with a

Holosun HS507C-X2 Pistol Red Dot Sight - ACSS® Vulcan.​

What type of mounting plate, if any, do I need?

Thanks in advance.

You want to get replacement screws for the plate to the slide, the ones that comes with your XD are prone to strip out, the torx socket in the head is too loosen and if any torque is needed the socket in the head will strip out.

The ones in line above look like they are hex heads, Powder River Precision sells replacement screws that are torx and much tighter fitting torx sockets that are less likely to strip out....

Powder River Precision also makes plates for purchase....

The Springfield Armory Accessory store also sells the plates at a cheaper price...

You should get a free plate from Springfield if its a new purchase. I recall thats what they are doing like Walther.

Oh, loctite, there is ongoing debate about using loctite on the screws for the optics plate and RDS.

I applied loctite directly from the tube and after taking it apart, I found there was quite a mess of dried gunk. I also stripped out one of my screw heads because it resisted unscrewing so much.

Some say don't use any loctite, its not neeed...

This time around, I squeezed a big drop out of the tube on a paper plate. Then dipped a tooth pick in it, and used the wet end of the tooth pick to apply just a tiny amount to the threads, both the female and male parts of the screw threads. I recently had to remove grips on another pistol that I had used this method for applying loctite, and found it worked perfectly for small screws. There was resistance that would have prevented the screws from loosening, but not so much resistance I was in danger of stripping out the heads. There was no dried gunk mess, like when applying directly to the tube and getting excessive amounts of loctite on the threads...

You should get a free plate from Springfield if its a new purchase. I recall thats what they are doing like Walther.

That might be an offer that Springfield has dropped. I got a coupon to get a free plate with my XD-M Elite OSP Tactical 9mm I purchased a year ago. Good thing I had already ordered a plate from the eStore, cause when I used the free coupon for another plate, it took 6-8 weeks to be delivered. Buying from the eStore at full price, its a week or perhaps a little more for it to arrive...

When I purchased my XD-M Elite OSP 10mm a little more than a month ago, I got no coupon for a free optics plate this time around.

Oh, loctite, there is ongoing debate about using loctite on the screws for the optics plate and RDS.

I applied loctite directly from the tube and after taking it apart, I found there was quite a mess of dried gunk. I also stripped out one of my screw heads because it resisted unscrewing so much.

Some say don't use any loctite, its not neeed...

This time around, I squeezed a big drop out of the tube on a paper plate. Then dipped a tooth pick in it, and used the wet end of the tooth pick to apply just a tiny amount to the threads, both the female and male parts of the screw threads. I recently had to remove grips on another pistol that I had used this method for applying loctite, and found it worked perfectly for small screws. There was resistance that would have prevented the screws from loosening, but not so much resistance I was in danger of stripping out the heads. There was no dried gunk mess, like when applying directly to the tube and getting excessive amounts of loctite on the threads...

That might be an offer that Springfield has dropped. I got a coupon to get a free plate with my XD-M Elite OSP Tactical 9mm I purchased a year ago. Good thing I had already ordered a plate from the eStore, cause when I used the free coupon for another plate, it took 6-8 weeks to be delivered. Buying from the eStore at full price, its a week or perhaps a little more for it to arrive...

When I purchased my XD-M Elite OSP 10mm a little more than a month ago, I got no coupon for a free optics plate this time around.
I did receive a coupon for a free plate.

You want to get replacement screws for the plate to the slide, the ones that comes with your XD are prone to strip out, the torx socket in the head is too loosen and if any torque is needed the socket in the head will strip out.

The ones in line above look like they are hex heads, Powder River Precision sells replacement screws that are torx and much tighter fitting torx sockets that are less likely to strip out....

Powder River Precision also makes plates for purchase....

The Springfield Armory Accessory store also sells the plates at a cheaper price...

Ordered some PRP screws today. Thanks for the heads up.

I did receive a coupon for a free plate.
:unsure: Hmmmm, going back and looking through the box my XD-M Elite OSP 10mm came in....
Can't find any coupon in the box for my XD-M Elite OSP....
But I remembered doing it last time with my 9mm version and the coupon also directed you to a website to do it all...
So a quick search I found the website and its based off the serial number, so I filled out all the info and my free optic mounting plate is on the way....
If its like last time, it will probably be 6-8 weeks before it arrived...

Last time, I had purchased the optic plate ahead of time, so I ordered another plate for another optic in case I ever switched.... ...I'm using that spare optic plate now on my 10mm, but a free plate is a free plate, I'll put it in the baggie of spare parts I have...

I might go back and see if I can get a free plate for my non-OSP XD-M... ....I did have the slide milled, so it is an OSP now, but didn't come from SA that way, so unless they were really lazy building the webpage, they'll likely spot from the Serial Number I'm trying to claim a free plate for an ineligible pistol.....

Ordered some PRP screws today. Thanks for the heads up.
If you use loctite, do the toothpick trick I posted, just enough to get a couple threads barely wet. It will avoid the mess and loctite it with the "Proper" amount of resistance, not over kill and a mess trying to put a drop directly from the tube on those tiny screws...

I got a message saying my pistol was not part of the promotion. So yes, SA is checking serial numbers and they are not going to honor a free optics plate for a non-OSP pistol.

The link to get your free optic mounting plate from Springfield Armory....

You will need your:
  • Serial Number (it must be a serial number for a SA OSP pistol and not used to claim a free plate previously)
  • Date of purchase
  • Your Address and Phone Num
  • The business you purchased it Name, Address and Phone Num
It may take up to 6-8 weeks to be delivered. If you want a plate sooner, they are cheap enough, I'd just order one for the $25 from the eStore and get it in a week. Use your free plate for a spare or get one for another optic footprint for another RDS or another SA pistol in the future.

I'll be darned, my free optic mounting plate from Springfield Armory showed up within a week. So different than last time, perhaps they were out of the plate I had ordered last time?

Back