testtest

Red Dot

Depends on your preference - I really like 6MOA dots - to me it's becoming a requirement increasingly.

The best: Trijicon RMR 6.5MOA

Good: Sig Rome1Pro 6 MOA, Trijicon SRO 5MOA (great to shoot - not quite as robust as the RMR - I have 2 SROs - love em - just not as much for carry)

Good but I have to compromise on reticle - Holosun 508T, Holosun 507C, Holosun 407A3, Deltapoint Pro, Swampfox Liberty, Romeo1Pro 3moa.

Vortex - i don't even recommend because even casual shooters are breaking them though the warranty is exceptional.

Any dot that has an auto-off feature I don't recommend for carry. Most dots with autoadjust I don't recommend - my RMR is useable - but my SROs are not usable with auto adjust. My holosuns auto adjust is hot garbage - fine for a range environment - not fine for a situation where lighting is going to change - like standing in a dark room aiming through a lit doorway.

I just broke my first Holosun this morning so we'll see how the warranty claim goes. Leupold warranty is like 6-8 weeks last I had to send one in - but that was over a year ago. I've never had to warranty my trijicons.

The robustness of the RMR is significantly more than pretty much every other dot - it's not indestructible - but it's pretty close. If it fails - it's going to be a failure due to electronics and not the housing/glass. Most of the aluminum ones will fail due to the shroud deforming causing the glass to break.

I’ve had a Vortex Venom on my Q5 since day one. Never had a problem.
That said I wouldn’t put one on a carry gun. If for no other reason than the lack of “ Shake awake”.

I’ve had a Vortex Venom on my Q5 since day one. Never had a problem.
That said I wouldn’t put one on a carry gun. If for no other reason than the lack of “ Shake awake”.
A couple buddies I shoot competition with shot Venoms and one a razor

The two guys shooting Venoms went through a dozen each across a couple few gun over a 16 month or so window. One guy shooting a Stock 2 and the other a Glock. I'd expect the Stock 2 to break optics - but the glock is pretty gentle on them typically.

One guy running a razor went through 6 before swapping over - his gun was down more than it was up for CO since apparently the razor wasn't as available as the venom.

This use case is power users with pretty high burn rates - thousands in practice per month.

I like Trijicon. My father in law has a Vortex Venom on a Glock 40 (10mm) set up for a woods/hunting gun. Shooting mild and wild loads he has had no issues with the dot. I have heard good things with Holosun as well.

A couple buddies I shoot competition with shot Venoms and one a razor

The two guys shooting Venoms went through a dozen each across a couple few gun over a 16 month or so window. One guy shooting a Stock 2 and the other a Glock. I'd expect the Stock 2 to break optics - but the glock is pretty gentle on them typically.

One guy running a razor went through 6 before swapping over - his gun was down more than it was up for CO since apparently the razor wasn't as available as the venom.

This use case is power users with pretty high burn rates - thousands in practice per month.

Well mine is on a range gun. Pretty much just shooting 124 gr. NATO 9mm.
Even though I like the Venom well enough, if I was going to run a dot on a carry gun it would be a DPP. For sure.

Back