testtest

Reloading steel cased ammo

You can reload steel, but it tends not to take multiple reloading s well—cracks, etc.

A lot if the steel cased ammo sold now in the US is boxer primed, so that’s not an issue…Berdan can be reloaded, but it’s a PITA. Google the steps needed.

As for tearing up dies…get carbide dies, you’ll be fine.

But it can be done. I know folks who have reloaded aluminum cases with no issues, as well.

I would not put that scrap in any of my guns
back during the ammo shortages and well before my venture into reloading, i did buy several boxes of 9mm and 45 acp steel ammo.

thankfully, it was only a few back then., as in short time, the prices of steel case ammo started to climb as well.

me too, if i sweep up some steel casings and take them home, they get tossed into a different pail for a trip to the scrap yard.

truth be told, any steel ammo, was used in my "least expensive guns", (aka) my Glocks........... ;)

(right now, @Annihilator is having a kanipshin fit.......:LOL: )

back during the ammo shortages and well before my venture into reloading, i did buy several boxes of 9mm and 45 acp steel ammo.

thankfully, it was only a few back then., as in short time, the prices of steel case ammo started to climb as well.

me too, if i sweep up some steel casings and take them home, they get tossed into a different pail for a trip to the scrap yard.

truth be told, any steel ammo, was used in my "least expensive guns", (aka) my Glocks........... ;)

(right now, @Annihilator is having a kanipshin fit.......:LOL: )
IMG_1749.gif

Back