testtest

Reloading

A.CooperJr

Alpha
Founding Member
I have the great idea of using my expended 5.56 casing to reload for .300 BLK. Can I get some insight on this? is it cheaper? what type of bullet is suggested? etc. any information is great!

They have templates and resources out there that explain how to cut down .223 or 5.56 casings to reload for .300BLK. It's time consuming, but all things said and done, it would still wind up being more cost effective than buying the ammo outright.

They have templates and resources out there that explain how to cut down .223 or 5.56 casings to reload for .300BLK. It's time consuming, but all things said and done, it would still wind up being more cost effective than buying the ammo outright.

right on time! I had no idea about cutting down the casing, but definitely makes sense considering the diameter differential.

right on time! I had no idea about cutting down the casing, but definitely makes sense considering the diameter differential.
I have a new 7.5" 300 BO coming later this month. Along with Lee die set. Lee has the factory crimp die included.
I'll buy 500 rounds loaded.... best price so far is targetsportsusa..... I'll shoot 250 rounds and then reload them. Should someone like to try my BO pistol they can shoot from the 250 factory rounds for safety sake. Also I'll have some
factory rounds to compare with my reloads. I'm looking to load for 2400fps..... maybe a 100 or 110gr bullet. Need a
somewhat faster powder because of the short barrel.... of course the flash along with the noise is always great.
I don't plan on doing any 223 conversion. I've read of fail to feed issues and I can generate enough of my own
problems without going out and looking for more. I believe I'll also buy some brass if I need more. Staying away
from any Starline. Starline seems to split a lot more frequently than others do. I'll be watching to see how you make out with the process. Maybe you'll convert me!! :D

Back