testtest

Remembering empty shelves

Belt Fed

Hellcat
Especially the toilet paper, i took this at wal mart during the height of covid.

Picture0312200948_1.jpg

That's what the stores in Florida looked like every time there was a hurricane when I lived down there.

The thing that amazed me the most is that people never learned. I'd see my same neighbors every time there was a hurricane getting caught short and having to run to the store.

The covid crazies are the same way. Because I promise you this is going to happen again and the same people are going to be caught short

I saw a thing on the internet once and I wish I could find the meme but I can't.

It was in reference to the covid shortages

It basically said there were three types of people.

Type one was usually middle aged and bought things on sale and probably already had 6 months supply of toilet paper because they bought it on sale at Costco 6 months ago.

Type 2 panicked and rushed to the store and bought everything. They were varied age groups and if they had more food than 1 meal in the house it was a miracle.

Type three people were usually millennials. They didn't even show up to the store until everything was already gone. They blamed the type two people for the shortages and they thought that the government should step in and rash and supplies so that everybody would get "their fair share".

The meme also said that type three people didn't even know that type 1 people existed.

I think that's a fairly accurate depiction of America in the 21st century

Especially the toilet paper, i took this at wal mart during the height of covid.

View attachment 55612
at my local wally-world, what they did have, there was a limit as to how many you could buy.

then later, when things got even worse, we senior citizens had to go at 6AM to the back of the store to the stock room doors, and we were handed what we wanted......then at 7 AM, the store opened for the other customers.

most here still open at 6AM, for everyone now.

i just never could understand the toilet paper hoarding.

i'd rather hoard the Jiff peanut butter and Devil Dogs.

Why should I buy six rolls at $2 a roll when I can buy a case of it at Costco for .75 cents a roll?

You're always going to need it.

Right during the middle of the toilet paper shortage I want to take my trash out one day and I found a case of toilet paper and half a case of paper towels still sitting in the Box out in front of our dumpsters.

I don't think we had to buy toilet paper for a year.

I laughed because Covid early pandemic crazy weeks showed the grocery stores what people refused to eat.
If it was in supply 3 weeks into the covid debacle, then that food sucked and no one would eat it.

at my local wally-world, what they did have, there was a limit as to how many you could buy.

then later, when things got even worse, we senior citizens had to go at 6AM to the back of the store to the stock room doors, and we were handed what we wanted......then at 7 AM, the store opened for the other customers.

most here still open at 6AM, for everyone now.

i'd rather hoard the Jiff peanut butter and Devil Dogs.
Hey Old_Me, it's not hoarding. You've got to calculate just how much Jif and Devil Dogs you're going to eat to make sure you get the right amount of toilet paper for that amount of food ........... right? ;):D

Hey Old_Me, it's not hoarding. You've got to calculate just how much Jif and Devil Dogs you're going to eat to make sure you get the right amount of toilet paper for that amount of food ........... right? ;):D
yeah i know, in fact after i posted that, i had thought, "oh shite, peanut butter gives me the..........."

so yea, i can "see' the need to stock up on TP, for some of the people after all........

Devil Dogs just raise my sugar level, and at least, i can sleep thru the night, and not wake up with the shakes or sweats, for my sugar level to be well below 90. (other diabetics know about the shakes and sweats)

so that's a trade off.

My family all did fine. Only real pain was a severe shortage of my wife’s soda, Guinness got hard to get and ammo.
i don't know about where you live (other than MO, not your specific city/town), but here there were LONG lines just waiting to get into any store, and even then only about 100 people were allowed to go inside, at a time.

cops, many times were doing detail work and guarding the doors with an employee to take head counts of entering and exiting, then via 2 way radio, would tell an employee how many to let in.

this was at the larger stores, small mom/pop places just had an employee at the 1 entry/exit door.

i don't know about where you live (other than MO, not your specific city/town), but here there were LONG lines just waiting to get into any store, and even then only about 100 people were allowed to go inside, at a time.

cops, many times were doing detail work and guarding the doors with an employee to take head counts of entering and exiting, then via 2 way radio, would tell an employee how many to let in.

this was at the larger stores, small mom/pop places just had an employee at the 1 entry/exit door.
That stuff was going on here too. Only up in St. Louis County though. The wife had to brave the crowds once or twice for soda. We already had everything else pretty much in hand.

Back