testtest

Remington Ultimate Defense 9mm vs. a Prius — Which Won?

People don't often know this but cadavers are available for sale. Many nations sell them for scientific research. Many cadavers in the US are exported. It boils down to morals, ethic, and of course law. Recently authorities have intercepted illegal shipments headed abroad. I would imagine research efforts could be permitted to obtain cadavers for lethality testing.

People don't often know this but cadavers are available for sale. Many nations sell them for scientific research. Many cadavers in the US are exported. It boils down to morals, ethic, and of course law. Recently authorities have intercepted illegal shipments headed abroad. I would imagine research efforts could be permitted to obtain cadavers for lethality testing.
Dead tissue doesn’t react the same as live tissue.

Enjoyable video, well done. We need a MK318 type cartridge for 9mm and 45 Auto. Im sure some offerings approach this level of performance but it sheds light to the need for more cartridge development. My JH science fair entry was terminal ballistic performance in the early 1990's. I calculated volumetric loss of hunting cartridges in a hard foam medium. I found the benefit of magnum cartridges in tissue destruction on a pork shoulder. I was sighting in my Father's 30-30 at a local pit range and at 75 yards the projectile would not penetrate a 3/4" pine board. I realized I had no idea what cartridges I was carrying in the Maine woods could or couldn't do. If I was charged by any number of large game animals or predators, I wanted to be confident my cartridges were not lethargic. I learned a great deal from actually harvesting game animals. I ended up carrying a Winchester 97 in 44 Mag which produced good results for Maine's thick vegetated landscape. I was able to test .22, .32, .35, 7mm, 8mm, 30-30, 30-06, and 12 Gauge. I knew my principle well..so I can only imagine his opinion of my project, bit everyone was very supportive. With today's antigun admins in education I couldn't say how they would view this type of a project. I also kept a Winchester 1200 on my gun rack in the highschool open campus years, but I do remember a spike in gun rack theft in the mid/late 1990s and I had an officer recommend I not store it in plain sight. Looking back over my life, it's 100% clear that gun crime is a cultural issue due to lack of family values. In todays age most kids are so well behaved (I have two daughters) the only threat to a gun rack is minimal in my rural area. We need to address poverty and inner city crime culture if we want to pretend to be "enlightened."
What kind of .30-30 ammunition were you using!? I had my brother do the exact same thing with an old Winchester at hunting camp two years ago, to make sure he could still hit his target, and it blew though 2x4s like they weren't there.

Back