testtest

Remington’s old owners fire everyone

That is very difficult to do once the union is in they are near impossible to get out.
Not always true. Change the name of the company, change ownership, the contract between the previous parties is now null and void. The real problem is management created this mess and will now deal with pissed off employees and community families. If management had negotiated reasonable contracts and not catered to the blood sucking share holders a better relationship could have been maintained. Take a look at the auto industry. Thats why we have $60K pickups now. CEO's scared of the shareholders that gave the union anything they wanted to avoid a costly strike.

Sorry for the rant.🤭

Not always true. Change the name of the company, change ownership, the contract between the previous parties is now null and void. The real problem is management created this mess and will now deal with pissed off employees and community families. If management had negotiated reasonable contracts and not catered to the blood sucking share holders a better relationship could have been maintained. Take a look at the auto industry. Thats why we have $60K pickups now. CEO's scared of the shareholders that gave the union anything they wanted to avoid a costly strike.

Sorry for the rant.🤭
You have a point but even when new management aka new owners go through the “in this case” rehire process they are bringing back employees that have been “somewhat” protected by a union and based on Remington’s employee management practices have been treated poorly they will vote in another union quickly. When I worked for Marlin there was no union in play so when Remington took over they had free reign to start off treating Marlin employees like 💩 and we had no recourse. I also understand your reference to the UAW I worked for Ford for a few months before Covid-19 hit and although being in management and not in the union, union employees were treated well enough but upper management treated supervisors like they were less then human. It was a VERY caustic dehumanizing experience and not what I expected.

Back