testtest

Replacement Grips

wolfpack076

Professional
Since purchasing the Smith and Wesson 637 Airweight 38 special, I have been looking around at getting another set of grips. I checked out Hogue, Altamont and Eagle grips. I am looking at wooden ones I know it's a matter of preferance but was wondering anyone's thoughts on the aforementioned companies ? Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

There is a company named Marschal grips they all kinds of exotic woods I think it’s a 3 month wait for a set check them out not cheap but really nice stuff

Since purchasing the Smith and Wesson 637 Airweight 38 special, I have been looking around at getting another set of grips. I checked out Hogue, Altamont and Eagle grips. I am looking at wooden ones I know it's a matter of preferance but was wondering anyone's thoughts on the aforementioned companies ? Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.
Why not try to make some? I'm sure blanks can be found. Micarta is easy enough to make.

As to the aforementioned companies I cannot weigh in on as I haven't used their products

Altamont is my preferred Jframe grip.
20210819_114503.jpg

I’ve used them all…and they’re all good.

Really, it just depends on what you want on the grip; I like the Altamonts pictured above because they give all my fingers purchase, instead of having to do the pinkie tuck like you might with, say, Eagle Secret Service grips. This might be nice on a lightweight .38…but, the Eagle SS is super concealable.

A lot of my revolvers wear Hogue rubber grips.

You may have to try a few different styles before you find exactly what you like.

I’ve used them all…and they’re all good.

Really, it just depends on what you want on the grip; I like the Altamonts pictured above because they give all my fingers purchase, instead of having to do the pinkie tuck like you might with, say, Eagle Secret Service grips. This might be nice on a lightweight .38…but, the Eagle SS is super concealable.

A lot of my revolvers wear Hogue rubber grips.

You may have to try a few different styles before you find exactly what you like.
Yep, wood goes in a drawer and Hogue or Pachmayer rubber goes on the gun. Except my Diamondback. The wood is staying on that one, mostly because I almost never shoot it.

I've been thinking about Hogue for my XD9. The gun fits great in the hand. And shoots really smooth. Just wish it had a little more aggressive grip texture. Do any of you use Hogue for the XD? feed back appreciated greatly. Thank you

Do you like the talon grips over time? As far as the adhesive on them do they stick well? Removal? If I wanted to change are they a pain to get off or leave sticky residue that's that's pain to clean?

Do you like the talon grips over time? As far as the adhesive on them do they stick well? Removal? If I wanted to change are they a pain to get off or leave sticky residue that's that's pain to clean?
Talon grips are my go-to add-ons to polymer-framed pistols, especially Glocks which seem to be the slipperiest.

I just installed a set of Talon grips on a TX-22.

I've never had a Talon grip fail, and they come off fine & leave no sticky residue.

My .02

I like VZ grips for both my 1911s and I liked them on both 41 magnum especially on the one with 2 1/2 barrel, they have variations of course and it keeps my boys in control

Back