testtest

Review: 15-Round Springfield Echelon 9mm

First time I have looked so closely at any new 9MM's. I have a Smith & Wesson Model 59 that I've never been able to shoot well. I'd like to try one of the Echelon's. I am not aware of any magazine restrictions in TX so a 17 and/or 20 round mag should be available. Any preference of the regular site over the 3-DOT TRITIUM?

First time I have looked so closely at any new 9MM's. I have a Smith & Wesson Model 59 that I've never been able to shoot well. I'd like to try one of the Echelon's. I am not aware of any magazine restrictions in TX so a 17 and/or 20 round mag should be available. Any preference of the regular site over the 3-DOT TRITIUM?
In TX it comes with 17 & 20 (if that SKU is ordered). I preferred the U notch setup but that's really personal preference.

I'm trying to sell a model 59 right now.

In TX it comes with 17 & 20 (if that SKU is ordered). I preferred the U notch setup but that's really personal preference.
Thanks for the input on the U Notch. My eyes aren't as good as they once were. I'm going to show my ignorance here, but the pictures of both the Echelon's showed a raised type scope on each gun. Are those options that come with the guns or are they after market? I've only shot open sights on pistols so I'm not familiar with the other options.

The 3 dot tritiums are great for low light situations.
I kind of figured that, but my S&W 59 just has the fixed serrated front ramp with a rear adjustable for windage. No coloration so I struggle in low light. My Springfield Armory 1911-A1 45 does have the Trijicon T H3 12 for the rear sight and the Trijicon T H3 14. The 3-Dot white sights do help in low light. I've read that the Trijicon is a better sight than the Tritium, but I've had the 45 for at least 10 years and I don't know if they've made improvements to the Trijicon since then. Any thoughts?

Thanks for the input on the U Notch. My eyes aren't as good as they once were. I'm going to show my ignorance here, but the pictures of both the Echelon's showed a raised type scope on each gun. Are those options that come with the guns or are they after market? I've only shot open sights on pistols so I'm not familiar with the other options.
By "raised type scope" I'm gonna assume you're referring to a reflex sight (red or green dot). As of now I don't believe Springfield is offering the Echelon with a reflex sight attached from factory. So yes it would be aftermarket but there are many quality options available (and some cheap crappy ones). The Echelon comes with a cover plate that's attached to the area where these reflex sights can be attached. The Echelon has a very adaptive mounting system which will allow many different brands of these reflex sights. Please do a little research into pistol red (or green) dot sights, there are many.

Springfield's website is very informative and goes quite in-depth into what all the Echelon has to offer. If you haven't had the chance here's a link to the Echelon - https://www.springfield-armory.com/echelon-series-handguns/echelon-handguns/

By "raised type scope" I'm gonna assume you're referring to a reflex sight (red or green dot). As of now I don't believe Springfield is offering the Echelon with a reflex sight attached from factory. So yes it would be aftermarket but there are many quality options available (and some cheap crappy ones). The Echelon comes with a cover plate that's attached to the area where these reflex sights can be attached. The Echelon has a very adaptive mounting system which will allow many different brands of these reflex sights. Please do a little research into pistol red (or green) dot sights, there are many.

Springfield's website is very informative and goes quite in-depth into what all the Echelon has to offer. If you haven't had the chance here's a link to the Echelon - https://www.springfield-armory.com/echelon-series-handguns/echelon-handguns/
Thank you for your suggestions. I read quite a bit about the Echelon and couldn't find an explanation in the article I was reading with respect to the pictures of the gun they showed, and you are probably right. It didn't say they were showing a reflex sight, but when I looked at the picture from the butt of the gun down the barrel, I did see a red or green dot thru the finder. I'm just not familiar with them on a pistol. Thank you for the link to the echelon series. I've been on the Springfield site and love it. A wealth of information. I think I watched about 2 hours worth of videos last night. Enjoyed listening to Rob Leatham's Funker Tactical.

Thank you for your suggestions. I read quite a bit about the Echelon and couldn't find an explanation in the article I was reading with respect to the pictures of the gun they showed, and you are probably right. It didn't say they were showing a reflex sight, but when I looked at the picture from the butt of the gun down the barrel, I did see a red or green dot thru the finder. I'm just not familiar with them on a pistol. Thank you for the link to the echelon series. I've been on the Springfield site and love it. A wealth of information. I think I watched about 2 hours worth of videos last night. Enjoyed listening to Rob Leatham's Funker Tactical.
Your welcome. It's a very fine pistol.

I LOVE the Echelon!! Picked one up used for 475.00 (absolutely clean with nothing wrong with it) and have loved it. I like the trigger, I like how it fits in my hand, I like how it shoots, I like the optic mounting system (Holosun 507C), what a great gun so far. I truly enjoy shooting it more than my Glocks...by far! Like the trigger as much as I do my Canik. Really impressed so far and cant say enough good things!

Back