testtest

Review: 1911 That Takes Glock Mags?! Meet the Stealth Arms Platypus

I was convinced this was published yesterday, but it actually seems like a real thing.

I would have loved to be a fly on the wall in the marketing meeting when they decided on that name. Not to mentioned what other potential names were in the running. 😂

Interesting name for a gun.

I like what they're trying to do with the lower price point and the 'build your own'. Some nice options in there for sure.

I wish they had a bull barrel option though.

Interesting name for a gun.

“Odd combination” is appropriate name for a gun in this instance

Between the platy or the 2311 me thinks I will be spending more money in the future. When the mag ban lifts hopefully at some point. Unless I get lucky and Springfield decides to change the prodigy to take an xdm mag, would of been nice I have plenty of them. Until then not much point in buying a 9mm if I can only have 10 rounds. I’m looking at 1911’s and p220 legion.

No bs. I have been shooting since I was 3, I’m 39. I served in the army and have literally always shot. I’m telling each and every one of you right now. You will not get a better gun for the 1600-1700 range. I have about 1500 rds through this now. It my favorite gun I got last year. This things is pure butter.

Attachments

• DCBBFC49-ED43-489E-9C61-836D21C4F926.jpeg
    DCBBFC49-ED43-489E-9C61-836D21C4F926.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 533
  • IMG_8553.jpeg
    IMG_8553.jpeg
    3.6 MB · Views: 207
  • IMG_8186.jpeg
    IMG_8186.jpeg
    2.6 MB · Views: 194
No bs. I have been shooting since I was 3, I’m 39. I served in the army and have literally always shot. I’m telling each and every one of you right now. You will not get a better gun for the 1600-1700 range. I have about 1500 rds through this now. It my favorite gun I got last year. This things is pure butter.
Awesome gun! I have been designing one very similar and I'm about to order, but I haven't decided on what green to use on the frame. What green did you go with? That is pretty much exactly what I was looking for. Also did you have to contact them to have the holosun direct mounted? I only see RMR or the smaller holosun, but that is the exact slide set up I want to run. Thanks for posting!

Awesome gun! I have been designing one very similar and I'm about to order, but I haven't decided on what green to use on the frame. What green did you go with? That is pretty much exactly what I was looking for. Also did you have to contact them to have the holosun direct mounted? I only see RMR or the smaller holosun, but that is the exact slide set up I want to run. Thanks for posting!
Depending on the last time that you checked, they have added many new features and options. So I’m sure you can find an optic footprint that you want. They cut the footprint onto the slide, so there’s no plate required. My gun is in Sniper Green. Also if you hold off on buying they are going to release new calibers. There will be 9mm, 40cal, 45cal, and 357 sig. there was talk of a 10 mm but those plans were put on hold I believe for a while. But they did just add full barrels.

Back