testtest

Review: M1A M2 Bipod

Hello all, here is today's article posted on TheArmoryLife.com. It is titled “Review: M1A M2 Bipod” and can be found at https://www.thearmorylife.com/m1a-m2-bipod-review/.

(n)

I've had one of those for awhile. Was made for the M14 version that was supposed to replace the BAR.

Way too heavy & flops around. Not easily detachable. IMO it has no useful role in field use. Mine stays in a parts box.

Better to replace the front sling swivel with the version that has the short pic rail & then use a Harris or the several others that attach to a pic rail.

My .02

(n)

I've had one of those for awhile. Was made for the M14 version that was supposed to replace the BAR.

Way too heavy & flops around. Not easily detachable. IMO it has no useful role in field use. Mine stays in a parts box.

Better to replace the front sling swivel with the version that has the short pic rail & then use a Harris or the several others that attach to a pic rail.

My .02
And that’s exactly what I did and attached a Caldwell Bi-Pod that works great.

Sorry, I tried one of these on my M1A and it didn't fit or work well. When folded up and back, the feet bounced off of the wood stock. The contour of the clamp on the bipod was not machined correctly and didn't clamp onto the gas cylinder very straight. You could clamp it down tightly, but I was concerned that the clamp would start flattening down the edges on the gas cylinder where the contour did not get machined down correctly. Sorry.

Mine is ancient. lol

54bf414160823654903bc1fb393e5742a62928c7.jpg

I was all excited by your first few paragraphs and I like the SA products, thinking I'm ready to buy. Then, you say, no go for SOCOM16. Bummer! Do you have a suggestion?
Yeah, no-go for the SOCOM... But then I thought about it and it's a scout rifle, so a bipod might not be that helpful and just add weight... Probably would require a stock swap or mounting a QD stud somehow... Not touching mine, I spent some money on a Vortex scout scope instead, happy as can be with it...

f0387b4aaae390a15dba27f12013c63a.jpg

Back