testtest

Review: New Emissary All-Black 1911 Pistols

if i am not mistaken, that has a Bull barrel...that's a no-no for me

and 2nd, those grips are very aggressive and ended up nearly cutting my palms.

that's why i got rid of mine.

changing the grips, would not have cured the Bull barrel field stripping.
Although a good looking pistol also not for me. Old-Me has it right about disassembly, assembly a real pain for my old hands. Traded it in for SA Ronin 5", 45acp. Haven't gotten around to shooting the Ronin hope it works out for me.

Emissary.jpg

I think the 4.25 Black Emissary in .45 is one of the best 1911 pistols I've ever owned, and I've owned a few. It feels heavy in the hand when simple holding it, but it doesn't feel that heavy when in an arms extended shooting position. I like the grip texture as it firmly plants the pistol in the hand (and not at all painful/uncomfortable to me). The heavy-profile bull barrel with a full rail really does reduce muzzle flip, and mine is very, very accurate. I also like the sights - quick, precise follow up shots are relatively easy. The trigger is very crisp and mine measures at 3lbs 14oz.
With all the plusses this model brings to the table I don't mind the different style take down procedure of the full length guide rod/bull barrel.

I bought mine at my favorite LGS, Omni Arms in Albuquerque, NM. I've put over 500 rounds through it without a single hiccup. No one is sponsoring this review, I simply telling it as I have experienced it.

BTW, I had a Ronin just before this because I liked the way it looked and it was nothing but trouble for me and was gone after a couple of parts failures and months.

Back