testtest

Review of the Smith and Wesson M&P9 Shield EZ

Just read about it in my NRA magazine. I bought pistols for my son and his girlfriend last year for their 21 birthdays . Wish they had it then , wanted one for her but not in 380 acp. Got a Walter instead. Think about getting one for my girlfriend.

Was a little disappointed with it. Guys at Cabela's swore up and down that it would be easy enough for the wife to rack the slide with her Arthur but they didn't have one in yet.
My range got one in and I racked the slide on it. She won't be able to rack it either. Have to face it there is going to be a little bit of ability required and even it is above hers. Two thumbs she can c.o.c.k the 38 and with two fingers she can DA it just fine. Auto in Condition 0 or 1 she's ok, but a jamb and she'd be in trouble big time.

Was a little disappointed with it. Guys at Cabela's swore up and down that it would be easy enough for the wife to rack the slide with her Arthur but they didn't have one in yet.
My range got one in and I racked the slide on it. She won't be able to rack it either. Have to face it there is going to be a little bit of ability required and even it is above hers. Two thumbs she can c.o.c.k the 38 and with two fingers she can DA it just fine. Auto in Condition 0 or 1 she's ok, but a jamb and she'd be in trouble big time.
I guess I can't just get it for her have to let her try it first. Thanks for the info. She was able to rack the 380 and I know it is a little harder than it.

My wife has the .380EZ (w/thumb safety) because of the "ez" racking feature, and I enjoy shooting it also. Had the opportunity to handle the new EZ9 just the other day at the local store. It racks easily also, but with just a very slight more resistance than the .380 model. Both have a comfortable fit/feel in my hands, and I would consider buying the EZ9.

That same visit to the store also provided me the opportunity to handle a Hellcat. Would like to test fire both of them.

Last edited:
I am looking into getting the EZ 9 for my wife. After racking the 9mm vs .380acp version you can notice the difference in how the EZ.380 is easier to rack.
I Wonder if there was an accessory like the Halo charging ring made for the SW22 Victory that could be mounted on the slide of your EDC to assist with the racking for people without the grip strength could be made. Then it's just a finger inside the loop instead of a hard squeeze on a narrow slide. Not sure if a device like this would really be useful but it maybe worth it.🤔
Screenshot_20200126-171408_Firefox.jpg

Last edited:
Back