testtest

Review: Rock Island Armory 10mm 1911 FS Pistol

Well, they sold out, Dunham's had 2, but I found out there routine for gun purchases, first, they won't take off tigger lock so you can try out trigger, second, unless you happen to get the display model, they will not show you the gun you are actually buying, so my time there is done.

For a 1911 it would be my pic, especially for a 1911 w/15 round mag! 2nd would be sig scorpon or any sig in 10mm! As long as I can get ss mags I'm fine! My preference over poly!
You mean something like this TFL? (Sig P220 Hunter 10mm)

A33A0153-F749-47B0-964E-513EAC6E283B.jpeg

Well, they sold out, Dunham's had 2, but I found out there routine for gun purchases, first, they won't take off tigger lock so you can try out trigger, second, unless you happen to get the display model, they will not show you the gun you are actually buying, so my time there is done.

Sad, but is understandable. Dunhams really should go with cable locks if any for a few different reasons. But, that's a hindrance too because of some of the methods used at times seen. There's many LGS who use no locks at all directly on firearms for good reason especially when someone's interested in a displayed firearm or wanting to try out fit and function. Actual trigger feel/use is one of them. Possibly damaging triggers may also be another?

Locking up or putting something out of arms reach is a good solution when something may possibly be dangerous or valuable, but it isn't the only one or even the best one either? Example, Dunhams ammo isn't always locked up or put behind counters for example like ammo may be at other LGS, Dunhams typically use cameras for that.

The whole locking up issue can sometimes be confusing and/or sometimes almost comical at times depending on the LGS methods and strategies used? Ammo is locked up or out of reach at one LGS and out openly displayed on shelves at another. Same with many firearms. There's not much rhyme or reason at times? Differing insurance company standards and views may be the culprit behind some of the seemingly out of whack dysfunctional rationale seen at LGS's?

Locks on firearms for storage may be and likely is a good reason and need for security depending on the lock and firearm. Putting firearms in lockable storage like safes when not being viewed, needed or tested is likely the best option in my opinion though.

Back