testtest

Review: Ruger SR1911 Lightweight Commander

Just a question:

Why review a Ruger in a Springfield forum when Springfield builds a direct competitor? I get expanding coverage by reviewing items that Springfield does not make like a North American Arms .22 or a Sako bolt action, but I don't see the point unless it would be a head to head comparison of a Springfield product to a competitor's product.

That said, I would love a review and/or comparison of various new M-1 Carbine brands. That might push Springfield into building those as well.

Well, this forum is for all guns not just Springfield......

“The Armory Life forum, an exciting new place to discuss all things guns and gear. Thanks for being a part of this new journey and helping us build a great community. This forum is a great place to talk about all things guns and gear, and also to discuss the exciting daily content posted on TheArmoryLife.com.“

I have always posted reviews of different gun manufacturers, I have had no complaints, if you go back into some of the posts I have made, I have posted many Springfield Armory Guns here. This is an open firearm forum, it’s not Springfield specific. Sorry if you don’t like my posts.

“The Armory Life forum, an exciting new place to discuss all things guns and gear. Thanks for being a part of this new journey and helping us build a great community. This forum is a great place to talk about all things guns and gear, and also to discuss the exciting daily content posted on TheArmoryLife.com.“

I have always posted reviews of different gun manufacturers, I have had no complaints, if you go back into some of the posts I have made, I have posted many Springfield Armory Guns here. This is an open firearm forum, it’s not Springfield specific. Sorry if you don’t like my posts.
Agree 100% Anni. (y)
I can't speak for Chance, but it sounded like he was just curious about posting other manufacturer reviews, and not calling you out specifically Anni (just my opinion :unsure:). That being said, I applaud Springfield and this forum, for allowing us to post on different firearms and gear like you said. I have several Springfield Armory products, but also own several other firearms from manufacturers as well. It would get kind of tedious, if I was only allowed to discuss SA firearms / products and nothing else.
As for the Ruger SR1911, I don't have the model mentioned in the review, but do own a SR1911 10mm which I like. (and as this is a SA forum, I also own the SA 1911 6" TRP in 10mm as well as the 5.25 XDm in 10mm, as well 😍)

You forgot to include poultry in the many topics.....😜👍

“. Sorry if you don’t like my posts.

I did not mean to imply that I don't like your posts. In fact, I really like what you post and find much of it interesting.
It was as BET7 wrote that I was curious as to why a SA supported forum was reviewing a competitive product. Nothing more, nothing less.

All of that said, I joined this forum to learn more about SA products. I belong to a forum for trapshooting, another for .22 rimfire, a general one that usually has posters of greater experience, as well as a number of other ones that address other issues of shooting, or competition, or hunting.

It annoys me to go to a forum on large bear hunting and spend time reading opinions from some nimrod who has never hunted the big bears who thinks he/she/it has to succumb to their impulse to glorify (in their own mind) themselves by posting when they don't know anything really about the subject other than what they have read in some other forum. It annoys me when range boys that have never known combat tell an OP that a quest for a lighter AR 15 (semi auto) that he/she/it needs to start lifting weights instead of seeking a lighter weapon.

Of course, when some of them show up in Idaho with 8-10 pound 30.06 bolt actions, it is pretty humorous watching what they go through trying not to have a heart attack before the day is over, let alone after three days. :D I have been hunting both small and large game all over the world since the 1950s and I have never needed a target or sniper rifle because I have never shot anything (on four legs) farther away than 400 yards and mostly at far shorter distances, but that could be just me.

Sorry if you thought I was attacking you - that was the furthest thing from my mind when I responded. Keep up the good work.👍

I did not mean to imply that I don't like your posts. In fact, I really like what you post and find much of it interesting.
It was as BET7 wrote that I was curious as to why a SA supported forum was reviewing a competitive product. Nothing more, nothing less.

All of that said, I joined this forum to learn more about SA products. I belong to a forum for trapshooting, another for .22 rimfire, a general one that usually has posters of greater experience, as well as a number of other ones that address other issues of shooting, or competition, or hunting.

It annoys me to go to a forum on large bear hunting and spend time reading opinions from some nimrod who has never hunted the big bears who thinks he/she/it has to succumb to their impulse to glorify (in their own mind) themselves by posting when they don't know anything really about the subject other than what they have read in some other forum. It annoys me when range boys that have never known combat tell an OP that a quest for a lighter AR 15 (semi auto) that he/she/it needs to start lifting weights instead of seeking a lighter weapon.

Of course, when some of them show up in Idaho with 8-10 pound 30.06 bolt actions, it is pretty humorous watching what they go through trying not to have a heart attack before the day is over, let alone after three days. :D I have been hunting both small and large game all over the world since the 1950s and I have never needed a target or sniper rifle because I have never shot anything (on four legs) farther away than 400 yards and mostly at far shorter distances, but that could be just me.

Sorry if you thought I was attacking you - that was the furthest thing from my mind when I responded. Keep up the good work.👍
No problem sir, I figured you wasn’t like BET7 said, but I just wanted to make the post so some others wouldn’t jump in and well, you know how that goes, it’s cool, no issues here. No need to apologize. 👍👍

Back