testtest

Review: Springfield Armory 911

I just purchased one in 9mm and no matter what ammo I throw in there, it will not feed. Nose of bullet below barrel EVERY TIME. Pretty pissed
Try with the mag inserted and slide locked back puss up on the bottom of the mag and disengage the slide lock. I had a mag that sat low and would do the same thing(ramp up). Make sure no finger on the trigger!!!!! Trigger finger below the trigger guard! If push up doesn't work, the slight pull down on the mag and recheck. the angle mine would get stuck is like this (/).

0B2DA2C5-8B4F-4A52-8CA6-5104D1FC1169.jpeg
675252A3-BE07-4A75-9DAE-30A34ECF14FF.jpeg
F37C3A5C-AF41-4C16-B682-14E32AF0C3A5.jpeg
675252A3-BE07-4A75-9DAE-30A34ECF14FF.jpeg
F37C3A5C-AF41-4C16-B682-14E32AF0C3A5.jpeg

People laugh at those that carry a .22, so I checked muzzle energy for the 380 @90gr and it averages about 180-230fpe. Some of the .22 ammo is close too the same energy or is it a size complex. I'm not picking a fight, just wondering! I like the 10mm for those who choose too keep shooting at me 50 yards and beyond! Not "Too infinity and beyond!"

You are comparing apples to oranges here. That M. E. for the .22 mag is out of a rifle with at least a 16" BBL. while the .380 is only a 2 7/8" to 3.5 " BBL.

As jfmorris said , it is also a rim fire vs center fire issue.

It seems to me that the mag feed lips are a little too far apart. However, it may be that it has rocked forward. The next thing to look at is the feed ramp. I start with some jewelers rouge and polish that. If that doesn't do anything for you then maybe the angle is a little off. It all depends on you comfort level with futzing with it. Otherwise, send it back. I have had similar issues with 1911 barrels. They just need a little massaging.

There is most definitely something wrong. In the rare case a round chambers, spent a looong time messing, it will not eject, gets stuck halfway. But maybe 2 out of 100 times it chambers and 2 out of 2 times it will get stuck ejecting.
Always have been a .357 SIG guy but this pistol seemed formidable for my wife.

The mag looks fully seated, but from the pictures it looks real low in the chamber. I would first try to polish the feed ramp if not your follower may be jacked up and I’d call SA and have them look at it.

There is most definitely something wrong. In the rare case a round chambers, spent a looong time messing, it will not eject, gets stuck halfway. But maybe 2 out of 100 times it chambers and 2 out of 2 times it will get stuck ejecting.
Always have been a .357 SIG guy but this pistol seemed formidable for my wife.
Sounds like the barrel needs a little work. If it wasnt new I would give it some quality time with a dremel a soft polishing bit then some jewelers rouge. Just get an RMA and send it back.

The SIG365 Ammo doesn't seem to work well. Had a number of Barrel Jams and even 2 fat round jams(!) with just one box of the FMJ.

After talking to a few people who know a lot more than I (pretty large pool I admit) I stumbled on the suggestion that an all metal gun like the 9119 requires some break-in -- I went with some good quality target ammo (S&P) 124g and shot 350 rounds. No more issues with any jams now. After the break-in I tried a variety of personal defense. The 115g SIG 365 works well but I like the 115g Critical Defense a little better.

Overall, I really like this 9119.

I have the 9119 and really love it but after 96 rounds the firing pin popped out. I did not use any +P ammo so I was confused as to why it popped out. Sent it into SA and it just came back -- I've cleaned it but haven't had the time to take it to the range yet -- heavy snow in my area the last few days. When I told my CCW instructor he thought I might need to use the SIG365 Ammo made for CCW and shorter barrel 9mm's.
So I recently purchased the 911 and every other mag has a failure to feed. I found out through continuos cocking without shooting that the takedown pin starts to wiggle out. I sent it in to have it fixed but it still does this and they didn't tell me what they did to it when they had it. I'm fixing to send it back in and send them a video of what's going on.

Hello all, here is today's article posted on TheArmoryLife.com. It is titled Review: Springfield Armory 911 and can be found at https://www.thearmorylife.com/review-springfield-armory-911/.

Hey there Mike,

I have recent purchases the 911 back in March, I took it to the range and every mag I had a failure to feed. After some inspection back home I noticed that when cycling rounds through the takedown pin wiggles out very slightly and that's what produces the failure to feed. I have sent it in to Springfield and nothing changed. This is extremely concerning as literally every mag I had this issue. I wouldn't trust my life with this gun. I'm going to attempt to send it back in this following week. I hope this isn't the problem with everyone's gun.

I had issues with mt 911 in 9mm. If I use critical defense ammo and insert a magazine then try to hit the mag release to chamber a round it will not feed. if the slide is closed and I insert a mag and rack the slide it chambers every time and never fails to feed when shooting with any ammo I feed it.

I have the 9119 and really love it but after 96 rounds the firing pin popped out. I did not use any +P ammo so I was confused as to why it popped out. Sent it into SA and it just came back -- I've cleaned it but haven't had the time to take it to the range yet -- heavy snow in my area the last few days. When I told my CCW instructor he thought I might need to use the SIG365 Ammo made for CCW and shorter barrel 9mm's.

I had the same problem, twice. First go round after ~100 rounds the firing pin came out. I sent it back. Roughly a month and a half later, I got the 911 9mm back and again after ~100 rounds the firing pin came out again. I sent it back. Fast forward another month and a half I got a new serial number back. This time, I went to the range and after about ~100 rounds the slide would not cycle. Sent it back and was told the slide would need to be re-machined. I said no thanks, 3 failures in a row and I'm done.

Good read! I almost bought one of these but I decided to wait until I could find one in 9mm. (Still have not seen one) I also see people complaining about feeding issues on the .380 versions. Has anyone experienced this with the 380 or 9mm versions?
I had numerous feeding issues with my 911 Alpha in .380 acp. I called Springfield, and they said that they could take it back for servicing, but stated that the issue would most likely go away after more break-in. This was before .380 ammo was impossible to find, so I ran another couple boxes through the gun. After 200-250 rounds, the gun ran perfectly.
On one hand, I was happy that the problems worked themselves out. On the other hand, 250 rounds of .380 these days can cost as much as the price difference between a Sig P238 and a 911. My 911 Alpha has turned into a great gun, but I would prefer for Springfield to ship them with no break-in required.

I'm a glutton for punishment, so I purchased a 911 9mm earlier this year (again, before the prices got insane). That one ran perfectly from the start and has had no issues.

How does this compare with a Ruger LCP II 380? I find the LCP II is just the right size, although I am not too accurate with it yet.
I found the .380 911 to be very slightly wider and heavier than the LCP II. The 911 will print more in a back pocket, and the beavertail may stick out over the top of the pocket (depending on you wardrobe). For front pocket carry, the 911 wins hands-down due to the external safety. For back pocket carry, I go with the LCP II.

The pocket holster that comes with the LCP II works much better than the one that comes with the 911, but replacements can be picked up fairly cheaply. The biggest issue I had with either pistol involved break-in. The 911 took about 200-250 rounds of ball ammo to start working 100% reliably, but it has been reliable with both FMJ and JHP ammo. The LCP II fired ball ammo 100% out of the box, but didn't reliably cycle most self defense ammo until I had put 100-150 rounds of JHP through it. A few months ago, it would've been much cheaper to break-in a 911 using the ball ammo. Now that all .380 ammo is impossible to find, and JHP is selling for prices that are close to FMJ, it is essentially a tie.

The sights are much better on the 911, and even the fiber optic sights on 911 Alpha are much better than the blacked out LCP II sights. However, a little orange paint on the LCP II's front sight helped a great deal. If you plan to carry ball ammo, and carry IWB or in a suit or rear pants pocket, go with the LCP II. If front pocket-carry is in your plans, I'd go with the 911.

I found the .380 911 to be very slightly wider and heavier than the LCP II. The 911 will print more in a back pocket, and the beavertail may stick out over the top of the pocket (depending on you wardrobe). For front pocket carry, the 911 wins hands-down due to the external safety. For back pocket carry, I go with the LCP II.

The pocket holster that comes with the LCP II works much better than the one that comes with the 911, but replacements can be picked up fairly cheaply. The biggest issue I had with either pistol involved break-in. The 911 took about 200-250 rounds of ball ammo to start working 100% reliably, but it has been reliable with both FMJ and JHP ammo. The LCP II fired ball ammo 100% out of the box, but didn't reliably cycle most self defense ammo until I had put 100-150 rounds of JHP through it. A few months ago, it would've been much cheaper to break-in a 911 using the ball ammo. Now that all .380 ammo is impossible to find, and JHP is selling for prices that are close to FMJ, it is essentially a tie.

The sights are much better on the 911, and even the fiber optic sights on 911 Alpha are much better than the blacked out LCP II sights. However, a little orange paint on the LCP II's front sight helped a great deal. If you plan to carry ball ammo, and carry IWB or in a suit or rear pants pocket, go with the LCP II. If front pocket-carry is in your plans, I'd go with the 911.

I've carried my LCP II in my front pocket in a DeSantis Super Fly holster for two years with no issue. I'm not dising the 911 , just saying there is no reason to worry about pocket carry with the LCP II.

I've carried my LCP II in my front pocket in a DeSantis Super Fly holster for two years with no issue. I'm not dising the 911 , just saying there is no reason to worry about pocket carry with the LCP II.

I fully agree with you. I've carried an LCP in my front right pocket in a Super Fly for 9 years without issue. I have no concerns about lack of a safety, as the trigger is covered by a proper holster. Even if a pistol had a safety, I would not carry it just loose in my pocket. I find the holster keeps it in position, and also helps retain it in the pocket. Sometimes I will put the velcro flap on the Super Fly if carrying in a suit pocket, or in a back pocket, to avoid printing, as it makes it look like a wallet with a rectangular outline, but in the front pocket I don't use the included flap.

I worry that my original post may have lead people to believe that I had reservations about front pocket carry with the LCP II. I would like to clarify that I have carried the LCP II in both the front and rear pockets in the included pocket holster without any issue. What I was trying to state is that the beavertail on the 911 is just slightly too tall to be fully concealed in the rear pocket of most of my pants, so if you were planning to pocket-carry the 911, you would probably have to use the front pocket.
Oddly enough, I finally wore out the included pocket holster for the LCP II, and had to switch to a Sticky Holster. I probably should've done this sooner because the Sticky Holster is just as comfortable but feels a little sturdier. I paid around $25 for the Sticky Holster on eBay and highly recommend it.

Back