testtest

Review: Springfield Armory 911

Sent it in, couple week turn around. Shot a few mags and worked flawlessly. A couple weeks after, went to take the dog for a walk and would not even chamber a round again no matter what.

That is horrible, from the posts I have seen on this board there are many that run great. It’s concerning for sure, and hope Springfield makes it right.

I have a basic 911 inbound that I should get my hands on this weekend. will post feedback as I am guessing if I have a lemon it will happen in the first 100 -200 rounds. Will see if I want to spend that much of my ammo reserve. Ha

That is horrible, from the posts I have seen on this board there are many that run great. It’s concerning for sure, and hope Springfield makes it right.

I have a basic 911 inbound that I should get my hands on this weekend. will post feedback as I am guessing if I have a lemon it will happen in the first 100 -200 rounds. Will see if I want to spend that much of my ammo reserve. Ha
Yeah, no kidding.

Yeah, no kidding.

Keep us posted on your adventure. Hope it works out.

If you have not seen the thread below, little info and some positives.

Another

Just my 2 cents but I picked up the 911 in 380 for my wife last month. She has the 1 factory mag and than a Sig magazine for it. She put around 200 rounds through it at a class with zero feed or ejection problems. We just went to the range last weekend and threw another 150 or so through it with the same results. Great little gun for her. I am just looking into different grips, she says it is a little too narrow for her hands but the 9mm version is a touch too large.

Just my 2 cents but I picked up the 911 in 380 for my wife last month. She has the 1 factory mag and than a Sig magazine for it. She put around 200 rounds through it at a class with zero feed or ejection problems. We just went to the range last weekend and threw another 150 or so through it with the same results. Great little gun for her. I am just looking into different grips, she says it is a little too narrow for her hands but the 9mm version is a touch too large.
Nick- You might want to look at these Hogue grips.

Yeah, no kidding.

Yeah, no kidding.

@GOLDGLOVE18. Got my SA 911 9mm nitrate hogue grip today. I did not think I would like the rubber grips and finger grooves, but with the extended mag it fits my dainty hands well. I shot a little over 100 blazer rounds through it (reloading those small mags was kind of a pain..). About 40 rounds in I had a feed issue. Perplexed, I ejected the mag and pulled the slide back to find the round stuck similar to what you posted. This was the first round in the mag... I recalled when I put the mag in the bullet was not significantly slanted up whereas all other mag instances first rounds were. I noticed when I did my first load that the top bullet of the mag has a significant angle to It. I took the jammed ammo, reloaded back into the magazine and made sure it was pushed all the way back (which forces it at a pretty steep angle.

The following 50 or so rounds were loaded this same way and I did not have another feed issue. I should note I mostly used the extended mag with the pinky extension, but I did fire with the flush mags a few times.

I am am 100% a novice, but I even tried to get a jam from some of the ways I read here (insert mag, then rack slide as well as inserting mag, then allowing slide to rack forward from open position).

On the personal note, this thing feels way smaller than my hellcat. I love the 13 rounds but after handling that 911 fro 100 rounds it felt really odd to run some rounds through my hellcat. I know these are two different beasts but I am liking the conceal ability of the 911 given the form factor, and weight.

Need to get more range time with the 911 but loving that tritium sight (my hellcat has fiber optic).

Here is my 911, plus my review of it in the Guns section....

Ok, first range report on this 911 9mm. Went to my range, could only shoot the 8” steel plates, target stands were gone.....🤔🤔.
Shot at a distance of 7-10 yards, gun shot pretty good, only had 4 ftf issues, shot about 50 rounds, so I’m not complaining about just those 4 ftf. Ammo I was using was the Federal aluminum case Champion 115gr fmc.

Pros: accurate, night sights, grips and the texture makes it easy to keep hold of during recoil. 7 round mag with pinky extension.

Cons: snappy recoil, ambi safety, some issues with inserting and removing the mag.

Overall, I really like this pistol, the ambI safety was my biggest issue, I kept having where you flip safety on, all was fine, when I took safety off, the fleshy part of my hand between my thumb and forefinger caused the safety not to go all the way to the fire position, meaning when I flipped safety down to fire, the safety would hit my hand in that area and not go into the fire position fully. Overall I like this gun, would recommend it.
126EEB7A-1FEB-43C1-A231-F766FA904737.jpeg

Last edited:
Here is my 911, plus my review of it in the Guns section....

Ok, first range report on this 911 9mm. Went to my range, could only shoot the 8” steel plates, target stands were gone.....🤔🤔.
Shot at a distance of 7-10 yards, gun shot pretty good, only had 4 ftf issues, shot about 50 rounds, so I’m not complaining about just those 4 ftf. Ammo I was using was the Federal aluminum case Champion 115gr fmc.

Pros: accurate, night sights, grips and the texture makes it easy to keep hold of during recoil. 7 round mag with pinky extension.

Cons: snappy recoil, ambi safety, some issues with inserting and removing the mag.

Overall, I really like this pistol, the ambI safety was my biggest issue, I kept having where you flip safety on, all was fine, when I took safety off, the fleshy part of my hand between my thumb and forefinger caused the safety not to go all the way to the fire position, meaning when I flipped safety down to fire, the safety would hit my hand in that area and not go into the fire position fully. Overall I like this gun, would recommend it.
Were the failure to fire a light strike issue or bad primers? What was the mag con?

Good review btw....😁👍

Failure to feed issue, just 4 times, mag issue is they were hard to seat and remove. Ambi safety was the most annoying to me.

Failure to feed issue, just 4 times, mag issue is they were hard to seat. Ambi safety was the most annoying to me.
The gun could be picky with the ammo you ran so keep us updated when you try something different in it. For some reason the only guns I've had had failure to feed with certain ammo were 2 different sub compact guns.

The gun could be picky with the ammo you ran so keep us updated when you try something different in it. For some reason the only guns I've had had failure to feed with certain ammo were 2 different sub compact guns.
Well it is very similar to the Kimber Micro 9 I had......arrrgghh....I said Kimber, anyway, there’s stated at least 500 rounds for break in, so I figure the Springfield will need more rounds to break it in, but with ammo hard to find, I may just have to wait before I use it as my ccw gun.

Well it is very similar to the Kimber Micro 9 I had......arrrgghh....I said Kimber, anyway, there’s stated at least 500 rounds for break in, so I figure the Springfield will need more rounds to break it in, but with ammo hard to find, I may just have to wait before I use it as my ccw gun.
It's a real nice looking gun! I like the 2-tone

thank you for posting that info again. Good stuff.

500+ rounds..ugh. Yeah that’s going to be a while. Could not even replace my 100 I shot today.

thank you for posting that info again. Good stuff.

500+ rounds..ugh. Yeah that’s going to be a while. Could not even replace my 100 I shot today.
I just picked up some more 10mm today in store for $19 a box of 50 S&B 180gr. The price of 10mm only had a slight increase in my area and it's been readily available here since covid started. If you have the opportunity to pickup a 10mm gun I recommend it but I may be a bit bias....😁👍

I just picked up some more 10mm today in store for $19 a box of 50 S&B 180gr. The price of 10mm only had a slight increase in my area and it's been readily available here since covid started. If you have the opportunity to pickup a 10mm gun I recommend it but I may be a bit bias....😁👍
You bias.....let’s see.....your screen name
@10mmLife you own 10mm pistols.....and you bought 10mm ammo.......nah.....I don’t see it....🤪

I picked up some 10mm last weekend; Remington 180gr FMJ for 18.99/50, limit 100rds.

Gun store owner joked with me that 10 was now cheaper than 9mm...o_O

I picked up some 10mm last weekend; Remington 180gr FMJ for 18.99/50, limit 100rds.

Gun store owner joked with me that 10 was now cheaper than 9mm...o_O
The 10mm was equal price to the federal 147gr 9mm FMJ at the LGS I shop at mostly. They don't have any limits on ammo at this store if you want to go broke buying ammo.

Last edited:
Hi all to save some trouble of having to go through my limited defense rounds does anyone have good experience with certain defenses rounds? Figured you all with 911 9mms would have some feedback on what works well.

I need to replenish...

Back