testtest

Review: Springfield Armory Desert FDE XD-M Elite 4.5" OSP 10mm

OK Mike, you just made me do this. This is all yer fault

20230314_134735.jpg

Ordering one through my gun shop. Ohh.... do you have a Surefire X-400 to put on it? I would like to see if mine will shoot too far out from the muzzle.

EDIT: Do they offer a threaded barrel in 10mm?

Last edited:
I really wish Springfield would include the plates instead of having to order one and wait 4 to 6 weeks. I would be willing to pay a little more for them.

Old like to get a 10 mm, since I reload for .40, and my dies will do both. Though I'd probably go for a 1911 chambered in 10 rather than another striker fired gun. What's kept me from taking the plunge is the ammo. I can find PD ammo, but not a single box of target, unless it's a bulk purchase way outside of my budget.
10 mm is conspicuously absent from the shelves in my neck of the woods.!

Good looking/performing 10mm! Only recommendation being to use REAL 10mm ammo, as in examples from Buffalo Bore or like loadings. It should achieve 1300+ fps and 600-700 fpe with those loads. I run a Glock 29 w/3.78" barrel, somewhat modified, and shoot Speers 180 GDHP @1250 fps w/620+ fpe! My load version w/my upgrades provides consistent 3/4" groups @25 yards, putting to rest concerns about Glock accuracy. My G20, slightly modified 6" with a red dot will send plastic liter bottles into orbit @100+ yards. That 6" barrel gives me right at 800 FPE!

Old like to get a 10 mm, since I reload for .40, and my dies will do both. Though I'd probably go for a 1911 chambered in 10 rather than another striker fired gun. What's kept me from taking the plunge is the ammo. I can find PD ammo, but not a single box of target, unless it's a bulk purchase way outside of my budget.
10 mm is conspicuously absent from the shelves in my neck of the woods.!
Reloading that boy is the only way to go, or afford for most of us gunnies. With the current inflation, I'm glad I have a current stock of components to prepare for the coming apocalypse! ;) The Buffalo Bore 180 loading used to run about $30+ for 20 rounds, reloading to those pressures is NOT recommended for the novice reloader!

Back