testtest

Review: Springfield Armory XD-M Elite 3.8" Compact OSP 10mm

Just got mine, can’t tell you how nice it feels. It’s lighter than I thought this will easily be an easy carry gun. WOW. Now shame on Springfield there are no optic plates included, as the shop said. “Wow” even Glock includes plate shame on Springfield, I wanted to Zero it this weekend. Still a nice gun and I do enjoy irons.

I really need to hold this gun in my hand before I buy it. I cannot buy something unless I KNOW it will fit my gargantuan hands.
It includes 3 size back straps so you’ll have no problems, it doesn’t include optic plates you have to order them on their site if you’ll carry an optic I’m on the fence about an optic but still wish it came with the plates. I wanted to try one.

It includes 3 size back straps so you’ll have no problems, it doesn’t include optic plates you have to order them on their site if you’ll carry an optic I’m on the fence about an optic but still wish it came with the plates. I wanted to try one.
Some of that changed, a few companies kept back the optic adapter plates to reduce overall costs and waste. Some that included the plates before will also ship one needed out free if requested. May just need to call them up and ask is all? What's the worst they're going to say?

Some of that changed, a few companies kept back the optic adapter plates to reduce overall costs and waste. Some that included the plates before will also ship one needed out free if requested. May just need to call them up and ask is all? What's the worst they're going to say?
They included a card for a free plate, I ordered it up. Going to shoot it tomorrow the irons are great I may keep it the way it is.

Cowitnessing can be different to different people from others examples have heard and seen stated too. If trying to cowitness and the optic blocks view of the irons? To me, it usually means need another style or type of optic or if possible raise front or rear iron sights.

To some people, cowitness is a variable of vision of the iron sight and complete vision through an optic, sometimes only partially seeing irons and sometimes just enough to aim. Am guessing that's good enough for some people? To me and likely many others ideas, true cowitnessing means completely seeing and using both sights and both at once in case of failure of one or the other.

Sometimes forgotten about? Optic adapter plates, when available, also do raise the optic from the slide, sometimes negating cowitnessing on some guns blocking original iron sights not set up for one particular optic footprint. It isn't always just stop, drop and plop any old optic to any old gun. - Wish it was just that easy every time. There's different optic footprints to consider as well as just the optic itself. - The specs of ALL the particular project are very important to go over beforehand and before buying or trying to mount any optic to verify fitment. Tying it all together can be very easy or a pain, just like trying to find an appropriate holster afterwards can be after mounting the optic on HG's.
Yeah, this is the factory setup. So, it isn't "just plopping", and the OSP requires an adapter plate for all optics, at least on the 3.8

There is an argument against iron sights with the RDS. I am no expert, so I will leave that to others.

Someone will come out with a "pinky" floor plate for the 11 rd mag likely soon.
Remove the mag well, it made it so much better.

Attachments

• 20211011_101951.jpg
    20211011_101951.jpg
    942.1 KB · Views: 345
BTW - I don't know what this "Elite" trigger is all about, but my "pre-Elite" XDm 5.25 10mm has a better trigger.

I can get firm grip with my "pinky" in between the mag well lip and the "thicker" floorplate that both came installed with.

Since this is a woods gun that will work fine. I'll pick up extra 11 rd mags vs. going with the 15 rd extension mags. Might as well just add more full-sized 15 rd mags to my order since they will work in both pistols, and are cheaper.

BTW 2 - My XDm Elite 3.8 10mm fits fine in the kydex holsters I have for my dull-sized XDm 10mm 5.25.

As I mentioned earlier in this thread I’ve been waiting for an XDM 3.8 10mm but nothing was seen for weeks so I opted for an XDM 4.5 45ACP and off to the range today to see how it shoots and wouldn’t you know I walk into the store to pay my range fee and there in the case is a XDM 3.8 10mm Grrrrrrrrr
Oh well, I hit the range with my new 45 and that gun shot lights out flawlessly!!!
I put Winchester, Remington and Federal in both 180 and 230 grain and hollow point through it and it ate everything without objection or any issues. Am I sorry I didn’t wait? Maybe however I made a point to not look at or hold that 10mm or I know I would have brought it home I just don’t need another Ammo caliber to buy and stock.

Back