testtest

Review: The New Springfield Operator 1911 .45 ACP

Black and green always goes together well. Maybe someday the military will get their collective head out of where the sun don't shine. Mike you make it look so easy. Why would SA want to be just like every other manufacturer. That's not their business model.

What's the difference between this "Operator" model and the TRP "Operator"?
Good question. i found this on the Springfield website:
The 1911 .45 ACP stainless Tactical Response Pistol (TRP™) offers quality features in a rugged weatherproof stainless steel chassis. Low-profile snag-free three-dot tritium night sights are the finest humanity can produce. The crisp 4.5- to 5-lb. target trigger along with a 5" match grade barrel and matching bushing guarantee superlative accuracy. Black G10 grips combine with an extended beavertail grip safety with a memory bump offers the ultimate in both form and function.

But that is the TRP..I don't know how it differs from the Operator..

This one has hit the shelf at my LGS. Couldn’t get a good pic; no sales folks available at that moment and I couldn’t hang around.
MSRP is $1099 per the article.
Offered here for $989.99
49F88405-D9AD-4C9B-B196-7426C37296AF.jpeg

Overall, I’m not too sure about it - for me at least. I believe my Vickers Master Class has this beat ( and it’s already home and paid for 18+ mo ago:) )

Last edited:
Did you check bass pro you can order free shipping to the store and last I checked prices were pretty good
No, didn’t check there, as I’m not searching for one. This just happened to be at the store and I noticed the price. $120.xx below msrp.
By the way, same store had sold out of the Garrisons - had about 10 blued & 10 stainless when I got mine.

Lots of good features there. As others have said, front strap checkering is a must in my book.

A double stack 1911 would certainly be nice, but to be honest, I would be tickled if this were available in a Commander length and even better, a 10mm!

Nice review thanks Mike I like it love the finish cerakoke might consider it after I pick up another 9 mm first things first

Good question. i found this on the Springfield website:
The 1911 .45 ACP stainless Tactical Response Pistol (TRP™) offers quality features in a rugged weatherproof stainless steel chassis. Low-profile snag-free three-dot tritium night sights are the finest humanity can produce. The crisp 4.5- to 5-lb. target trigger along with a 5" match grade barrel and matching bushing guarantee superlative accuracy. Black G10 grips combine with an extended beavertail grip safety with a memory bump offers the ultimate in both form and function.

But that is the TRP..I don't know how it differs from the Operator..

The TRP Operator has a bull barrel, no bushing

Back