testtest

Review: XD-M Elite 4.5" OSP 10mm

You know I really want the 3.8" .45acp osp as well. Well I do have the XD-M 3.8" .45acp compact soooo I put the barrel and spring in the 10mm 3.8 osp slide..... Who needs a new gun?
Chching just saved $700

Last edited:
Man cant wait to purchase @Mike H. We NEED EXTENDED FACTORY MAGS for the 10mm! I love the new 35rd Mag for my XD-elite 9mm now her big brother needs one so our family can be complete we’re dysfunctional currently LOL

A little over a year ago, I was going to buy a 10mm, a Springfield 1911 in 10mm to be precise. Until I started looking for ammo. Couldn't find any, anywhere, at any price. Even now, it's still more than I'm willing to pay for ammo.

A little over a year ago, I was going to buy a 10mm, a Springfield 1911 in 10mm to be precise. Until I started looking for ammo. Couldn't find any, anywhere, at any price. Even now, it's still more than I'm willing to pay for ammo.
Try again bud its everywhere now its even gotten cheaper compared to 20’ & 21’ I have now over 550rds of HP 10mm its only thing I purchase. I have no need for FMJ’s

Hello all, here is today's article posted on TheArmoryLife.com. It is titled 'Review: XD-M Elite 4.5" OSP 10mm' and can be found at https://www.thearmorylife.com/review-xd-m-elite-4-5-osp-10mm/.

Great review on a gun that sounds like the 3.8 compact 10mm version that I have. I was looking for the bigger gun when I decided to go with the 10mm and was at first concerned the shorter barrel would affect accuracy and be tough to control due to recoil but I was wrong, yes the gun is snappy but controllable and with the installed Holosun 507C X2 produces great groupings. The Holosun does not
co-witnesses and I’m ok with that,
With shake awake it’s always on when I handle the gun and being able to replace the battery without removing the optic I have no worries the dot will be there when needed, another great Springfield Armory handgun.

Try again bud its everywhere now its even gotten cheaper compared to 20’ & 21’ I have now over 550rds of HP 10mm its only thing I purchase. I have no need for FMJ’s
Same here! Buying 2 50rd boxes HP every payday @ $28 per box. Good defensive ammo is $30 for 20 rds. It's not much more than 9mm. What I find strange is the same 50rd boxes of ammo available locally is $50 per on bulk ammo.com. seems they should be getting a better deal than they are or they are just charging more for whatever reason.

1653655892954.png

Owning a 10mm as well as a 40 cal S&W, I fail to see how the 10mm is considered to be a bear-stopping, badass cartridge. Ok, it's basically a .40 Magnum. To me, with the added recoil and small increase in velocity, it's not that great of cartridge over the 40 S&W. I have the 10mm in a 1911 format and a 40 S&W in a Glock 27. I have a 40 cal load that exceeds 1500 fps with a Nosler 135gr hp. This article speaks of the double tap load at 125gr doing the same from a 10mm. There just isn't enough improvement in a 10mm over a 40 S&W to warrant all this hype imo. Many 10mm owners even have the audacity to call the 40 S&W "Short & Weak? If I want "true" bear-stopping power, I'll reach for my 44 Mag or my 460 Rowland, or my 460 S&W Magnum loaded with 45 Colt, 454 Casull, or the over-killing 460 Mag over the 10mm. The 45 Colt loaded with Ruger-Only loads alone will put the 10mm to shame. I like the 10mm. I like ALL my handgun calibers. I just think it's time to put the 10mm in its proper ranking instead of continuing to over-hype this round as a "bear-stopping badass" cartridge.

There is an exclusive version of this pistol made for Sportsman’s Warehouse. It has a ceracoated green slide. I ordered it on line, and will pickup at my local store this week. It is included in the gear up promotion, so after transfer I go online and SA will send me 3 magazines, and a range bag.

Owning a 10mm as well as a 40 cal S&W, I fail to see how the 10mm is considered to be a bear-stopping, badass cartridge. Ok, it's basically a .40 Magnum. To me, with the added recoil and small increase in velocity, it's not that great of cartridge over the 40 S&W. I have the 10mm in a 1911 format and a 40 S&W in a Glock 27. I have a 40 cal load that exceeds 1500 fps with a Nosler 135gr hp. This article speaks of the double tap load at 125gr doing the same from a 10mm. There just isn't enough improvement in a 10mm over a 40 S&W to warrant all this hype imo. Many 10mm owners even have the audacity to call the 40 S&W "Short & Weak? If I want "true" bear-stopping power, I'll reach for my 44 Mag or my 460 Rowland, or my 460 S&W Magnum loaded with 45 Colt, 454 Casull, or the over-killing 460 Mag over the 10mm. The 45 Colt loaded with Ruger-Only loads alone will put the 10mm to shame. I like the 10mm. I like ALL my handgun calibers. I just think it's time to put the 10mm in its proper ranking instead of continuing to over-hype this round as a "bear-stopping badass" cartridge.

Most factory 10mm loadings are like 40+P with full power 10mm cartridges getting a bit more interesting. And then put all of those centerfire cartridges in perspective given that Bella Twin smoked a world record griz with her POS 22 rifle.

There is an exclusive version of this pistol made for Sportsman’s Warehouse. It has a ceracoated green slide. I ordered it on line, and will pickup at my local store this week. It is included in the gear up promotion, so after transfer I go online and SA will send me 3 magazines, and a range bag.
Please post a picture when you get it. I went and tried to look at it, evidently my internet skills are lacking.

For those that "actually live" in griz country, like the Northern Rockies & Alaska, the 10mm is very popular for a carry piece when out in the woods, especially in the various striker-fired pistols that are lighter-weight than a full-metal framed pistol.

I wish SA would re-release the full-sized 5.25 10mm XDm in the Elite version.

Last edited:
Back