testtest

revolver issue

Old_Me

Ronin
ok, earlier today, i took my Python with a box of .38's to the club.

i did not shoot well, but i also do not shoot my revolvers enough like my semi's

that being said, the "issues" i am having is the trigger guard cutting into support my finger.

that would be the "middle" finger.

how do i make shooting a revolver more comfortable?

even if i were to get a Hogue grip, (which i had on my Vaquero) my finger still gets abused by the trigger guard.....

any ideas?

i like revolvers, and i had "thoughts" of getting that new blued Python in the future, but i am also losing the overall interest in them due to this issue.

ok, earlier today, i took my Python with a box of .38's to the club.

i did not shoot well, but i also do not shoot my revolvers enough like my semi's

that being said, the "issues" i am having is the trigger guard cutting into support my finger.

that would be the "middle" finger.

how do i make shooting a revolver more comfortable?

even if i were to get a Hogue grip, (which i had on my Vaquero) my finger still gets abused by the trigger guard.....

any ideas?

i like revolvers, and i had "thoughts" of getting that new blued Python in the future, but i am also losing the overall interest in them due to this issue.
Have you tried a shooting glove on your support hand? That might help.
Agree. A shooting glove.
I wear one. Keeps my delicate fingers from being beat up from a ton of rounds. Unlike @SimonRL who has scruffy hands from all his labor at work

@Snake45

this is the best i can do....

as you can see in the 2nd pic, that middle finger is bent, due to several years of repairing cars....arthritis, etc.

semi automatics are never an issue. just revolvers.

1711381428958.png

1711381466128.png

Okay, got the picture. When you were talking about "support," for some reason I got it in my head you were talking about the middle finger of your support hand (left hand).

I can't shoot in gloves, but if you can, that might work for you. Better grips (stocks) might work for you, too. Another idea is that there is foam tape available. If I had your problem, I'd try sticking a piece of foam tape between the lower part of the trigger guard and continuing on up onto the frontstrap part of the grip. That would soften that area without permanently altering the gun itself.

Okay, got the picture. When you were talking about "support," for some reason I got it in my head you were talking about the middle finger of your support hand (left hand).

I can't shoot in gloves, but if you can, that might work for you. Better grips (stocks) might work for you, too. Another idea is that there is foam tape available. If I had your problem, I'd try sticking a piece of foam tape between the lower part of the trigger guard and continuing on up onto the frontstrap part of the grip. That would soften that area without permanently altering the gun itself.
i do happen to have foam insulation strips, very thin, with tape on one side.....

but as mentioned too, i have gloves coming soon.

yeah, i just re-read what i said about "support finger".....i should have said, "shooting hand middle finger"

good thing i was able to take that picture, cuz if i were to be unable to take a pic, i was going to have to do this:

1711395999929.png

Last edited:
just you wait young whipper-snapper

your days of old age are creeping up on you and someday, it'll be all over the news.....

View attachment 54752
It happened already. I have a ridiculously high pain threshold. I’ve had carpal tunnel for a couple years now. I’m not going out on surgery until they shut down the overtime though. Bassbob ain’t missing out on thousand dollar Sundays brother.

Back