testtest

revolver issue

I don't wear gloves unless it's really cold outside. Picked up a pair of North Face winter golf gloves for cold weather. They work well unless it's extremely cold and windy. Thin and grippy with touch pad for my phone on the index fingers. Also good for that cold steering wheel until the car warms up. That said, I admit I'm a wuss who moves to the heated indoor range in extreme cold. :)

I didnt want to say it 🧐😬😁
Pussy
1711414086247.gif

ok, earlier today, i took my Python with a box of .38's to the club.

i did not shoot well, but i also do not shoot my revolvers enough like my semi's

that being said, the "issues" i am having is the trigger guard cutting into support my finger.

that would be the "middle" finger.

how do i make shooting a revolver more comfortable?

even if i were to get a Hogue grip, (which i had on my Vaquero) my finger still gets abused by the trigger guard.....

any ideas?

i like revolvers, and i had "thoughts" of getting that new blued Python in the future, but i am also losing the overall interest in them due to this issue.
Hmmmmm, ok, just send it to me and I’ll see if I can duplicate the issues 🤔🤔🤔

That is way too much typing. Do you use those carpal tunnel gloves?
View attachment 54770View attachment 54770
i had carpal tunnel in both hands...those gloves, no matter the style, do not work.

the operation, which the prep takes longer than the actual procedure takes longer.

small cut, in the palm of the hand, and zip-zip, the procedure is done.

then sitting in the recovery room, takes a little while as well.

only takes about 2 weeks to recover, then of course you get sent to therapy, which only builds up your strength.

ok, well, the fingerless gloves came, and they fit nicely, but did not work..

i need a cushion in the back of the trigger guard.

i am going to try this padded piece, and if it works, great, cuz i really do not wanna buy a Hogue grip, cuz they are a PITA to install.

1711892166707.png

and here, you can see the glove just does not go behind the trigger guard.

1711892238043.png

It happened already. I have a ridiculously high pain threshold. I’ve had carpal tunnel for a couple years now. I’m not going out on surgery until they shut down the overtime though. Bassbob ain’t missing out on thousand dollar Sundays brother.
But Bob, don't end up like some of my friends and end up vying for the title, Richest Man in the Cemetery. I too was once in that foot race chasing the dollar until I finally saw the light. But it is different for everybody and one size doesn't fit all.

But Bob, don't end up like some of my friends and end up vying for the title, Richest Man in the Cemetery. I too was once in that foot race chasing the dollar until I finally saw the light. But it is different for everybody and one size doesn't fit all.
Some of the chickens, as they say, are coming home to roost that's for sure. When we're young we think we are invincible. I did some incredibly difficult and dumb things in my youth. Not that I have many regrets, but I can tell you when you get a bit older your body will remind you how stupid you were back when you were invincible. It could be worse and is for a lot of people. For a guy my age I'm in good shape and still regularly outwork men less than half my age. Nevertheless, a small ( by my standards) amount of work around the homestead on my day off yesterday resulted in me waking up with aching elbows, knees, neck and lower back. I'm sure by noon all will be well, then we can start the process all over again for tomorrow. That's the way it goes.
If you saw me shuffle out of bed at 4:30 AM, goaded by my cats who want breakfast and a desire for a cup of coffee, you might think I was a 70 year old man. By the time I get to work at 6 and that cup of coffee is gone I am once again superman. :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Some of the chickens, as they say, are coming home to roost that's for sure. When we're young we think we are invincible. I did some incredibly difficult and dumb things in my youth. Not that I have many regrets, but I can tell you when you get a bit older your body will remind you how stupid you were back when you were invincible. It could be worse and is for a lot of people. For a guy my age I'm in good shape and still regularly outwork men less than half my age. Nevertheless, a small ( by my standards) amount of work around the homestead on my day off yesterday resulted in me waking up with aching elbows, knees, neck and lower back. I'm sure by noon all will be well, then we can start the process all over again for tomorrow. That's the way it goes.
If you saw me shuffle out of bed at 4:30 AM, goaded by my cats who want breakfast and a desire for a cup of coffee, you might think I was a 70 year old man. By the time I get to work at 6 and that cup of coffee is gone I am once again superman. :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:
Yep, I know what you mean. I had always planned to die in the harness while pulling the plow, but when my wife's health issues became apparent I had to pull the plug. I was already 65 at the time and the furrows I was leaving in my wake were no longer as straight and narrow as the job called for. So it was time to bow out. I'm sure there are a bunch of members here that can relate. So Bob there is no doubt in my mind that you're still a rock and will keep on doing as long as you can keep doing. And that I can really respect.

Yep, I know what you mean. I had always planned to die in the harness while pulling the plow, but when my wife's health issues became apparent I had to pull the plug. I was already 65 at the time and the furrows I was leaving in my wake were no longer as straight and narrow as the job called for. So it was time to bow out. I'm sure there are a bunch of members here that can relate. So Bob there is no doubt in my mind that you're still a rock and will keep on doing as long as you can keep doing. And that I can really respect.
The respect is mutual my friend. You stepped up and did the hard stuff brother, where lesser men would have faltered.

Back