testtest

Riddle of the day when does 500 equal 502??

powerboatr

Professional
this morning/early afternoon i had five pouches unopened of small pistol primers, all the little divits in the tray are full with no extras
thats 500 rounds RIGHT

off i go load up my primer tubes with 100 primers at a time, and start loading up 124 grain 9mm cartridges.

each 100 i stop, or actually when the dillion had no more primers popping up.
swap out blue catch bins and drop another hundred primers in the tube and off we go, repeat 5 times...5 times 100 equals 500
at the end of my run i have five blue bins with "100" rounds each? i then dump one bin at a time in my last cleaning sock thing to roll around the rounds to make sure no excess lube or gunk is on the rounds, then i dump them on a mat and load them in my MTM ammo boxes which hold 100 rounds each, i did this five times and at end i had 2 extra rounds???
i am beginning to think my dillion is secretly hiding primers and then they magically insert themselves as i go along
so now my 1k round box of 124 grain round nose flat bottom bullets is at 498 vice 500 left to load... thats assuming there is only 1k bullets in the berrys box, i have had many in the past with 1003 or 1005
anyWHO...great 3 hours of me, quiet time reloading
:ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

😀
- That’s right, 246 total. 246.
- “There’s 4 left in the box.“

IMG_3240.jpeg

nope my tubes are empty and cleaned out after each session, whole machine is partially taken apart to wipe up any powder that escapes.

on mine i use the plastic guide tube indicator and when it rests its time to do one at a time to see when primers stop
has to be hiding spot in primer delivery...its crazy

i just got a kick out of it
and ordered more bullets , wife asked how many we had at the ready and the standard answer is NOT enough

Or you have 2 rounds amongst the 500 that have no primers? Is that possible?
nope
each round gets a final inspection as it is placed in the case.

now in the past i have filled a case with powder, moved the handle and then added a bullet and then the next station, only to see powder flying out as round drops in the catch bin ...makes for a nice freaking mess , with the dillion it can happen easy enough if you loose sight. being progressive means you have to stay focused , which helps my crazy brain stay focused. the VA should prescribed reloading as mental health therapy

its just one of those curious things that happens from time to time with number count at end of a run of 500 or more

nothing is absolute anymore it seems :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

nope
each round gets a final inspection as it is placed in the case.

now in the past i have filled a case with powder, moved the handle and then added a bullet and then the next station, only to see powder flying out as round drops in the catch bin ...makes for a nice freaking mess , with the dillion it can happen easy enough if you loose sight. being progressive means you have to stay focused , which helps my crazy brain stay focused. the VA should prescribed reloading as mental health therapy

its just one of those curious things that happens from time to time with number count at end of a run of 500 or more

nothing is absolute anymore it seems :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:
Primer gnomes? I hear those little guys can wreak havoc. 😁

this morning/early afternoon i had five pouches unopened of small pistol primers, all the little divits in the tray are full with no extras
thats 500 rounds RIGHT

off i go load up my primer tubes with 100 primers at a time, and start loading up 124 grain 9mm cartridges.

swap out blue catch bins and drop another hundred primers in the tube and off we go, repeat 5 times...5 times 100 equals 500
at the end of my run i have five blue bins with "100" rounds each? i then dump one bin at a time in my last cleaning sock thing to roll around the rounds to make sure no excess lube or gunk is on the rounds, then i dump them on a mat and load them in my MTM ammo boxes which hold 100 rounds each, i did this five times and at end i had 2 extra rounds???
i am beginning to think my dillion is secretly hiding primers and then they magically insert themselves as i go along
so now my 1k round box of 124 grain round nose flat bottom bullets is at 498 vice 500 left to load... thats assuming there is only 1k bullets in the berrys box, i have had many in the past with 1003 or 1005
i cannot recall this ever happening to me..on either my Dillon or Lee.....(getting an extra round or 2)

now dropping a primer (or 2) on my Lee...???

well...............let's just say, "thank God for a fresh set of batteries in that mini flashlight"

remember the old range packs of 230 grn 45 acp that walmart used to sell 100 rounds loosely packed.
we found 102 to 105 in many packs

today is 45 acp day...no way any extras showing up .. i am doing counts on everything,
185 grain RNHB berrys for range work. saves a bit of lead but BOOM they pop out like a cannon

thats 500 rounds RIGHT

They’re mine😳, I came out two primers light yesterday on 500 rds 9 mm🙄

Back