testtest

Road Tax per mile driven in new fed bill

KillerFord1977

SAINT
Founding Member
Buried in the new Infrastructure Bill is a tax on per mile driven program.

Get ready.. they want to tax you because electric vehicles don't use gas and they lose out on the Fed Gas Tax funds … 😡😡😡🤬🤬🤬

“Nestled inside the 2,702-page text is Section 13002, titled "National motor vehicle per-mile user fee pilot." That pretty much covers the meat and potatoes of this section's purpose: piloting a program that would tax drivers based on their annual mileage rather than at the pump”

Here it is listed on the Congressional Website for all Legislation.

Bottom Paragraph
EA126723-C433-4A24-8DD0-8F0445FF5716.jpeg

I don’t know about other folks, but I am really getting tired of hearing “climate change” in everything coming out of DC. “Take nothing but pictures and leave nothing but footprints” applies (figuratively) to everything.

I don't believe passenger cars do much damage to the asphalt, and they are discussing paying out $450,000 per illegal immigrant that got separated from their kids. If the new tax only applies to EVs that would still be bullcrap, but if it applies to IC cars as well, it's total bullcrap. Americans pay plenty to use THEIR OWN ROADS.

I agree. If they can't stand on their own then that's the way it is. Same goes for ethanol, and oil companies. We're propping up companies that make RECORD profits....why?
Because if they aren’t propped up, we’ll be paying European-level prices for fuel.

Think the $3.50/gal price is bad? Double it, and you’ll have gas prices in the UK and Europe (7.54/gal in the UK on 11/8/21).

Source: https://www.globalpetrolprices.com/United-Kingdom/gasoline_prices/

And yet the majority of the people in DC who wrote this Bill, and back it, all go to work and wherever else in their taxpayer-funded "GOV's" (gov't owned vehicles), and use taxpayer-funded gas cards to keep the gas tanks full I bet.

They need to tax EVs at an extremely high rate, and collect a surcharge to cover battery disposal.

Is understandable Blackfeather,
On current battery's yes. Just read some articles about newer safer (Don't catch on fire and less toxic.) batteries under development and photovoltaics.

The newer batteries are cleaner, much cheaper to develop and their storage power is about twice of what it is now for a typical EV at 500 miles verses 250 miles before recharge. Plus, they don't foul or short out as often causing fires, has to do with the anodes and cathodes. Why 500 miles is important for example: 500 mile average used to be the standard rate typical gasoline cars would go between tankfuls. Distance is important.

The newer photovoltaics are cheaper, more powerful and better on the environment too. They gather more energy using a different wavelength than the current ones, are thinner and can be applied like paint in many various colors and transparent too. Is actually backwards compatible too and can be basically painted over top of the normal photovoltaic panels using both types at once. Original photovoltaics were used in 1957 on US satellites. Originals cost almost $2000 per watt. Newer ones under $1. per produced watt. Lifespan of older photovoltaics is about 25 -35 years, newer ones haven't been tested for lifespan yet.

How they tie together is important. The new photovoltaics could be applied as paint to EV vehicles or as house paint or window film for example. Better longer lasting and safer batteries are important to everyone or should be too.

Both are under development now. Scheduled release date is approximately 10 years.

Buried in the new Infrastructure Bill is a tax on per mile driven program.

Get ready.. they want to tax you because electric vehicles don't use gas and they lose out on the Fed Gas Tax funds … 😡😡😡🤬🤬🤬

“Nestled inside the 2,702-page text is Section 13002, titled "National motor vehicle per-mile user fee pilot." That pretty much covers the meat and potatoes of this section's purpose: piloting a program that would tax drivers based on their annual mileage rather than at the pump”

And yet who on this forum is actually surprised that something like that wasn’t going to happen?? I also heard buried in that same bill is huge tax breaks for the rich.

Back