testtest

Robert Blake Dies At 89

Let's see, 1975, 16 years old just got license. .. stay home and watch Baretta or go crusing with girls...

Don't think I spent a single night at home for the next 2 or 3 years lol. Do not remember much about it except it had a bird in it. Never much payed any attention to Robert Blake but I do remember him vaugly in old Our gang repeats on Saturday mornings. And I do believe he got away with killing his wife, just an opinion.which puts him and Oj in a pretty exclusive Hollywood club, again just an opinion.

Last edited:
Yep, you are correct, it was Michael parks.

I remember because I loved the show and my mom hated it. Her brother was killed on s bike and I loved them, and have driven one all my life.

Probably the last I will own since my wife can't ride these days.

bike2.jpg

And dat's the name of DAT tune. ;)

Blake was pretty good in Electra Glide in Blue. I believe he was also in In Cold Blood.

He was also hilarious on Johnny Carson. I remember one story where he talked about coming down with "farfalonus of the blowhole," a phrase I still use to this day to describe any unknown or unspecified sickness.

He was a character.

Let's see, 1975, 16 years old just got license. .. stay home and watch Baretta or go crusing with girls...

Don't think I spent a single night at home for the next 2 or 3 years lol. Do not remember much about it except it had a bird in it. Never much payed any attention to Robert Blake but I do remember him vaugly in old Our gang repeats on Saturday mornings. And I do believe he got away with killing his wife, just an opinion.which puts him and Oj in a pretty exclusive Hollywood club, again just an opinion.
Back in those days (1975-ish) CB Radios were very popular. One of the local guys took the cb handle of "Baretta". It became a big joke because he was such a geek...:) I was always working so my cb handle was "Westside" as in Westside Texaco Gas Station. If your car broke down then "Breaker 19 for Westside."...:)

I thought Mr. Blake was believable as a detective in Baretta...he had that rough edge to him that was kind of cool. Us young guys in the late 1960s, 1970s had it pretty good...cool tv shows, cool cars, good looking women, etc, etc....:)

Cool motorcycle...:)
I wanted a "Bobber" motorcycle for a long time. My Harley Softail Custom was good the way it was so I left it alone. I saw some cool honda motorcycle bobber conversions. The Harley Sportster Bobber conversions were inviting, but no room for a passenger. Riding a motorcycle is such more fun when you got a woman behind you, especially one with nice front bumpers...:)

And dat's the name of DAT tune. ;)

Blake was pretty good in Electra Glide in Blue. I believe he was also in In Cold Blood.

He was also hilarious on Johnny Carson. I remember one story where he talked about coming down with "farfalonus of the blowhole," a phrase I still use to this day to describe any unknown or unspecified sickness.

He was a character.
I remember going to the theater to see ELECTRAGLIDE IN BLUE. My two favorite parts is early morning when he is
curling the dumbbell and drinks half a dozen raw eggs and his partners Colt Python with the nickel cylinder and barrel. And yes he was quite a character, too bad he screwed it all up instead of just getting a divorce.

I remember going to the theater to see ELECTRAGLIDE IN BLUE. My two favorite parts is early morning when he is
curling the dumbbell and drinks half a dozen raw eggs and his partners Colt Python with the nickel cylinder and barrel. And yes he was quite a character, too bad he screwed it all up instead of just getting a divorce.
One of the best openings of any movie EVER:

I liked his tough, rough and tumble character on the Barretta series. Remember he had squared up with a much taller bad guy, he tells the big thug “I’m warning you, I fight dirty!”. Guy replies something like “so what”, when then put up their dukes, Baretta (Blake) either kicked him in the shin or stomped his foot, allowing him to deliver a knock out.

Anyone remember Robert Blake on The Liitle Rascals ?

74E85247-1A07-444A-B0B7-2BD4083DAB14.jpeg

Electra Glide In Blue was on Turner Classic Movies (TCM) not that long along ago last year.
I’m sure they'll do a tribute to Robert Blake featuring some of his memorable movies soon.

I forgot that opening scene…familiar protein boost also looks like the Rocky (original) training regiment scene too…

443808E8-1D64-4F6E-A6FC-E925E5B8CDF0.jpeg

Back